Castlevania Resurrection news..

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

runkthepunk
Doom

Re: Castlevania Resurrection news..

Post#61 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:19 pm

Cesarm wrote:
runkthepunk wrote:Anyone know what the highest price that has been paid for an unreleased Dreamcast game is?

House of the dead (!) proto, early preview sold for 35k usd

Really?! I presume you mean HOTD 2 and if so I am very surprised at the cost being so much considering the game was eventually commercially released.

However if you meant a version of the original HOTD running on Dreamcast then that amount is less surprising to me.

I understand the interest in early builds but spending big money on them not so much.

Owning unreleased games and the exclusivity that brings seems like people would be more likely to put really big money down.

I am glad there are both types of people like that out there though :)

wMarzia
shadow

Post#62 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 12:20 pm

It will probably end up in the hands of some wealthy collector who will never share it ... too bad ... at least we know that something concrete exists about this game

megavolt85
Developer

Post#63 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:25 pm

never understood those who are so eager to play the early prototype
let's face it, this is a 5 minute game, does anyone now think of Agartha, Ecco II, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, Take the Bullet?

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#64 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:46 pm

Take the bullet is a lot better at lest 50 mins of play the others i dont think are worth burning a cdr

Cesarm
undertow

Post#65 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 1:51 pm

runkthepunk wrote:
Really?! I presume you mean HOTD 2 and if so I am very surprised at the cost being so much considering the game was eventually commercially released.

However if you meant a version of the original HOTD running on Dreamcast then that amount is less surprising to me.

I understand the interest in early builds but spending big money on them not so much.

Owning unreleased games and the exclusivity that brings seems like people would be more likely to put really big money down.

I am glad there are both types of people like that out there though :)

The original, with only 2 playable "levels" ,the levels
where remastered from the Saturn (bad) port to DC.

At least that's what the "buyer" told me.

I've been trying for some time to get some footage or more info.

Also, and since I've hijacked a bit this thread ( sorry)
... There was some very very early work for HOTD 3 for DC
Not sure if there's any build/ demo/ preview disk
All I can confirm is that , there was some game art done for this title already

colgate
Doom

Post#66 » Thu Apr 08, 2021 11:44 pm

megavolt85 wrote:never understood those who are so eager to play the early prototype
let's face it, this is a 5 minute game, does anyone now think of Agartha, Ecco II, Heroes of Might and Magic III, Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator, Take the Bullet?
Agreed, while I think playing it is really cool, only seeing footage already makes my day.

Dakangel
letterbomb

Post#67 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 12:58 am

megavolt85 wrote:never understood those who are so eager to play the early prototype

You forgot the (Biohazard) Resident Evil 1.5 prototype game, a most wanted holly grial wich fever pass away when went public available and altought is a play station game, perfectlly enters in your examples (and in the dreamcast via bleemcast)

Wesker
dark night

Post#68 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:09 am

Better having at least something than absolutely nothing. That's my stand with unreleased games.

Cesarm wrote:The original, with only 2 playable "levels" ,the levels
where remastered from the Saturn (bad) port to DC.

At least that's what the "buyer" told me.

I've been trying for some time to get some footage or more info.

Sounds to me pretty much like what the Dreamcast version of Virtua Cop 2 is, so it makes sense Sega considered doing something like that for the first The House of the Dead too. Like Virtua Cop 2, it was probably taking the code basis of the Sega PC version reimplemented through Windows CE rather than a straight Sega Saturn conversion. Too bad it was cancelled.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#69 » Fri Apr 09, 2021 3:32 am

It's just a piece of past we so expecting for at this age. Of course the gameplay will be short you are right and full of bugs.
Personally I dreamt so long in front my magazines until the game was cancelled...
The atomiswave games convertion for example is still terribly wonderfull and we can see the web exciting for them :-)

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#70 » Sat Apr 10, 2021 5:08 pm

Cesarm wrote:
runkthepunk wrote:Anyone know what the highest price that has been paid for an unreleased Dreamcast game is?

House of the dead (!) proto, early preview sold for 35k usd

Any picture or proof on that one? The price sounds a bit too high for me. $750, $1K or maybe $1.5K for a "regular" unreleased GD-R, but $35.000? For 35k would Ian Micheal code you a two level "House of the Dead Saturn Asset Demo Emulator" for Dreamcast :lol: