Castlevania Resurrection news..

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Castlevania Resurrection news..

Post#31 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:09 am

WTF!? At the time of this post it is already up to $3000+.... :o

Lets hope whoever gets it is an altruistic human being but the way these things go they often disappear for decades at a time after they get sold.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#32 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 3:34 am

Goodbye Sonia Belmont should had been our Joanna Dark.

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#33 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 4:17 am

Anthony817 wrote:

WTF!? At the time of this post it is already up to $3000+.... :o

Lets hope whoever gets it is an altruistic human being but the way these things go they often disappear for decades at a time after they get sold.

there is also a note at the end of that ebay msg :

"NOTE: this disc will not run on a retail Dreamcast without a System Disk 2 boot disc or some other means of running GR-R discs on your system. You have been warned!"

Cesarm
undertow

Post#34 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 6:38 am

Crazy prices, lol

For this prices, no wonder why so many protos never see the light of day
People who spend this much, will never release it to the public ..

Unfortunate

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#35 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:35 am

Cesarm wrote:Crazy prices, lol

For this prices, no wonder why so many protos never see the light of day
People who spend this much, will never release it to the public ..

Unfortunate

This is when I wish I was rich. I'd just grab it and dump it

I mean if he wanted 2K I could swing that but its well beyond any price I could justify

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#36 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:49 am

Sad money grab we know now why we got to see it run thats all this was a cynical ADD to bring interest.. Pretty much used as a google addsense ..

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#37 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:52 am

Ian Micheal wrote:Sad money grab we know now why we got to see it run thats all this was a cynical ADD to bring interest.. Pretty much used as a google addsense ..

Waited till the story hit then put it on eBay lol

I've had six offers on the Samurai Shodown 64 prototype cart I found since those stories went live. Even if it takes me months to figure out how to dump all 96 rom chips ITS GETTING DUMPED. No sale...

I do hate turning the money down though lolol

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#38 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 9:54 am

Vgesoterica wrote:
Ian Micheal wrote:Sad money grab we know now why we got to see it run thats all this was a cynical ADD to bring interest.. Pretty much used as a google addsense ..

I've had six offers on the Samurai Shodown 64 prototype cart I found since those stories went live. Even if it takes me months to figure out how to dump all 96 rom chips ITS GETTING DUMPED. No sale...

I only promoted you here and sub to your channel because of how you shared your proto types or seemed for real on your tech know how on 3D0 m2..

To some part of the scene what i say has weight..

Vgesoterica
Rank 9

Post#39 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:01 am

Ian Micheal wrote:
Vgesoterica wrote:

I only promoted you here and sub to your channel because of how you shared your proto types or seemed for real on your tech know how on 3D0 m2..

To some part of the scene what i say has weight..

Haha thanks. I cant even say I am doing a SERVICE. I enjoy dumping things because then I get to talk to people about the stuff I really enjoy. So it's a net win for me. Trust me...the ad revenue does NOT make up for the costs lolol. I made...about $40 in ad revenue for the Hyper videos so far so I am in the hole a good amount. But it's not about making the money up...I just didn't want that cart to go into a collection and never be heard from again

It hurt turning down a 5K offer for the 3DO M2 prototypes though lol...that demo disc I released had a collector wanting to buy the origin files and not have them released :lol:

I still have two M2 demos I need to get running. It's tricky getting them executing on real hardware...but one day eventually I'll have more ready to release. Plus we dumped a bunch of 3DO prototypes too

Ian Micheal
Developer

Post#40 » Wed Apr 07, 2021 10:07 am

Indeed it's rare in this world to see people not go for the money but for the user to persevere info and software for the future.

You have done good work on your channel.. I understand my channel pays me nothing at all.. Nor does me porting or releasing new ports the time i put in i would never get back in money.. I do it for the scene.. Luck i have some good support the last year.. As I have no job and cant work so..