Happy European & UK 20th Anniversary, SEGA Dreamcast!

This section contains Dreamcast related news articles and topics.

Moderator: pcwzrd13

MrBlueSky
fire

Re: Happy European & UK 20th Anniversary, SEGA Dreamcast!

Post#11 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 12:03 pm

20 years... I feel old :D
I remember back in the days I only knew one or two guys in school who had the Dreamcast. Never had my hands on it before 2001. I really hated the Playstation or N64 3D rendering and when I first saw Sonic Adventure and Shenmue I was blown away :shock:

Me and my brothers saved money during months in order to buy one of the BigBen pack with 3 or 5 games at Virgin Megastore. Unfortunately, once we got the funds (in June 2002) it was to late and we could only find a used one with Soulcalibur, Shenmue, 2 controllers, 2 VMU, a keyboard and a mouse. I invited a good friend in order to test the beast and he stayed the whole weekend. He was so amazed by the graphics of Soulcalibur he nearly sold his PS2 :lol: (had Pro Evolution Soccer been released on the DC maybe he would have done it).

Happy birthday to the blue swirl Dreamcast, the one and only ! 8-)

Edit: Who's in for a little online birthday gaming tonight ?
Dreamcast Now: The Blues Brothers

dcdingo
Quad Damage

Post#12 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:57 pm

I remember carrying nearly £300 around school all day, praying I wouldn't get mugged! Ran out the doors straight to Electronics Boutique (RIP) to collect my preorder along with Sonic Adventure.

How this was 20 years ago, I have no idea. I'm still 16, right?
PSO - Crimez (Lv136 FoNewm) / Revlis (Lv20 RaCast)
Anything else - dcdingo
YouTube Link

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#13 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:49 pm

You could just reserve a Dreamcast and not buy it until you arrive!? wowy

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#14 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:16 pm

Happy birthday!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#15 » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:43 am

My first EU/UK import for the Dreamcast (which was something like seven years ago) was Project Justice (Rival Schools 2) due to the immense price for an American copy. Now both variants are *even more expensive!*

The next one I imported was Shenmue II... to continue the adventure from Shenmue I to the next just as G... I mean, just as Yu Suzuki intended. :-D

Finally and most recently, I imported Planet Ring which I purchased online this year if I recall correctly. Why? To play online with our dear SEGA Dreamcast, naturally!