Competition #21 - Silent Scope (Ended)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Alec1382
Vagabond

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #21 - Silent Scope

Post#31 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:59 pm

Every time I've gotten 100+ accuracy, I've gotten one or several double hits. There's even a point in the game where you can get a triple hit, if you time it right. If you missed a shot and got 100%, it's likely this missed shot was made up for by a double hit. It seems pretty intentional to me.

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#32 » Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:28 pm

Just for good measure, I decided to give it another go. I pulled off the no miss run. I'm a bit disappointed that I didn't finish the game though: I died on Monica. I had 5.5 health boxes going into the elevator too, but I was a little too cautious not to miss on the part preceding Monica, so I lost most of it.
Attachments
SDC10730.JPG

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#33 » Mon Nov 05, 2012 10:11 am

Alec1382 wrote:Just for good measure, I decided to give it another go. I pulled off the no miss run.

:shock: Interesting... Wow! Very nice! Looks like I'm gonna have to step it up now! ;)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#34 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:56 am

Well,I gave it my best shot (no pun intended :lol: ) but I just couldn't do it! One thing I found that's really annoying is the grenades that the enemies throw on the highway level. You're supposed to shoot them to avoid getting hit by one but if you do, you lose your multiplier! That's extremely unfair! Oh well. Enough complaining, here are the final rankings:

1. Alec1382 - 4,089,600

2. pcwzrd13 - 2,209,300

Awesome job Alec! You proved quite a formidable foe! :D

I was thinking of doing a Dreamcast Live Challenge for this game. It would be something like completing the first level in a certain amount of time. Would you be interested?

Edit: The Challenge is up!

viewtopic.php?f=46&t=5122
PSO Characters:

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#35 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:07 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Awesome job Alec! You proved quite a formidable foe!

Don't I always? :D

pcwzrd13 wrote:One thing I found that's really annoying is the grenades that the enemies throw on the highway level. You're supposed to shoot them to avoid getting hit by one but if you do, you lose your multiplier! That's extremely unfair!

I never once played the highway level during this competition. I hate it, honestly. Half of the time, your bullets curve. I also had a lot of trouble preventing the truck at the end from hitting me. Instead, I always chose the stadium, then progressed to Hotel Milwaukee.

pcwzrd13 wrote:I was thinking of doing a Dreamcast Live Challenge for this game. It would be something like completing the first level in a certain amount of time. Would you be interested?

I might be, if I get a chance. It takes me a little longer to set up an actual recording, so I'll get to it if I can.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#36 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 4:54 pm

Alec1382 wrote:Don't I always? :D

Indeed! :D

Alec1382 wrote:I never once played the highway level during this competition. I hate it, honestly. Half of the time, your bullets curve. I also had a lot of trouble preventing the truck at the end from hitting me. Instead, I always chose the stadium, then progressed to Hotel Milwaukee.

I never bothered to try any of the other routes. I got used to going to the tower and then the highway. I actually got very good at the highway level. Once you get used to where the enemies come from and how the bullets curve. It's all about rhythm! I actually have a video of one of my perfect runs on the highway level. I'll upload it eventually but I want to wait a while since my last three videos are all Silent Scope. :lol:

Edit, I just uploaded it as unlisted so you can see it. Just think of it as an exclusive premiere. ;) Note my strategy at the end to increase my multiplier.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gnl58eDMhiA[/youtube]

Alec1382 wrote:I might be, if I get a chance. It takes me a little longer to set up an actual recording, so I'll get to it if I can.

Well, the Challenge runs for a whole month so you have plenty of time.
PSO Characters:

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#37 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:25 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Alec1382 wrote:Don't I always? :D

Indeed! :D

Nah, but really, you were certainly formidable yourself!

pcwzrd13 wrote:I just uploaded it as unlisted so you can see it. Just think of it as an exclusive premiere. ;) Note my strategy at the end to increase my multiplier.

Man, that double hit at 0:26 was fire! Perhaps you could work in more double shots in this stage if you tried shooting the driver in such a way that it hit one of the gunners in the back?

I considered that you might have an advantage in the highway by racking up points on the semi. Well done. I wasn't very good at shooting Cobra while he was rushing me though, so instead, I became skilled at killing him with a single headshot in the stadium. Unfortunately, it takes a good deal of time for the helicopter to finish panning around him, so I'll have to get used to the tower building for the sake of the live challenge.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#38 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:48 pm

Alec1382 wrote:Man, that double hit at 0:26 was fire!

Thanks! I actually get that shot 95% of the time. It actually messes up my whole "flow" if I miss it! :lol:

Alec1382 wrote:Perhaps you could work in more double shots in this stage if you tried shooting the driver in such a way that it hit one of the gunners in the back?

I wasn't being too picky with my shots. I just didn't want to miss! :lol:
PSO Characters:

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#39 » Tue Nov 06, 2012 11:49 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Alec1382 wrote:Perhaps you could work in more double shots in this stage if you tried shooting the driver in such a way that it hit one of the gunners in the back?

I wasn't being too picky with my shots. I just didn't want to miss! :lol:

Yeah, I can understand that. I actually never even try for headshots until I reach the inside of the hotel, where all the targets are relatively close range and generally don't move much.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#40 » Wed Nov 07, 2012 1:03 pm

Alec1382 wrote:Yeah, I can understand that. I actually never even try for headshots until I reach the inside of the hotel, where all the targets are relatively close range and generally don't move much.

Same here. I started trying for headshots in the woods after the highway. The first level was all about speed for me. The less time I take there, the more time I have later to aim my shots.
PSO Characters: