Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #14 - Sega Rally 2

Post#42 » Sat May 05, 2012 8:23 pm

Alec1382:

Yes, I am definately using standard settings. If I had changed the tires and suspension settings I would be aiming for a high 1'45 time (at least). I note you are using Automatic gears and this gives you a slower start. Try switching to 4MT and shift 2-3 quickly after starting.

TBH my time is not impressive. Here is a copy of the official Sega Rally 2 Dreamcast ranking for Snowy SS1.

http://ir3d.netgamers.jp/segarally2/Ranking/DC-r22_Snow1.htm

Although car settings were likely changed you can see a sub 1'41 time was possible in the Impreza.....I wouldn't even get in the top 300 as it was so competitive! I should point out I never competed in official ranking as SR2 on the DC didn't appeal to me then.
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#43 » Sat May 05, 2012 9:35 pm

I can't do it. I beat my previous time by about 200 milliseconds, but I just can't beat that time. I'm done. :cry:

rjay63 wrote:TBH my time is not impressive.

What are you talking about? Of course it's impressive. Maybe not by worldwide standards, but those are people without lives.

rjay63
Beats of Rage

Post#44 » Sat May 05, 2012 10:52 pm

Well I've tried but am unable to get any faster. Perhaps an extra 0.2-0.3 off if I really pushed it but nothing more.

I've always been surprised that the DC version was never able to run at a constant 60fps. As a result it has always played second fiddle to the Model 3 original. Be nice to see an updated version at some point.
My Metropolis Street Racer Blog: http://www.msrdreamcast.blogspot.com
MSR ghosts/time trials and official DLC: https://www.dreamcastlive.net/metropoli ... r-dlc.html

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#45 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Don't feel too bad Alec! You both got excellent times! There's a reason I gave rjay the nickname "Speed Freak" on his DC Live profile though. Anyway, as long as no one enters an amazing time at the last second you both made the top two Sega Rally 2 players on Dreamcast Live! :D
PSO Characters:

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#46 » Sat May 05, 2012 11:28 pm

Nah, I'm not actually so disappointed, especially looking at his Crazy Taxi score! When I would play local multiplayer with my friends, I would always be disappointed that I didn't have competition to match my skill level, or even challenge me. I got what I wanted. I also had a lot of fun. Congratulations rjay, and pcwzrd, you raced very formidably as well.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#47 » Sun May 06, 2012 7:38 pm

Oh, is the comp over ? I must be looking at the wrong countdown on the site ?! lol Thought it ended tomorrow ? Been 500 miles away from my DC all week, must have misunderstood :(
I thought I might have got a second run in to see if I could shave a couple of secs of my time. Nevermind.

Congratulations everyone, especially Rjay !! Both you and Alex set fantastic times, I thoroughly enjoyed following it from the sidelines :)

Rjay, I'd be very interested in having those vmu files for the japanese version. I guess I need to be online with the DC to access them ? Also, and I'm presuming you were playing the Pal version here, did you set the game to 50hz or play it via VGA ? Didn't you mention something about setting it to 30fps ?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#48 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:13 pm

It's not over yet Neohound. It ends on Tuesday. Go ahead and give it another try if you like. :)
PSO Characters:

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#49 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:34 pm

Oh right, that's ok then :) Not that I'll be worrying the experts.... lol, but I really want a second go, see if I can get under 36 secs for a lap.

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#50 » Sun May 06, 2012 8:55 pm

I just realised I didn't post my best time from last week :? I'm really not 'with it' atm :|

Shit, it's 2 in the morning, think I'll go to bed :roll:
Attachments
Neo's SR2 Fastest Times.jpg