Competition #5 - Unreal Tournament (Ended)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Re: Dreamcast Live Competition #5 - Unreal Tournament (Exten

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:aaah right that's where I went wrong then, I thought that score was only tallying up your kills lol, cool so now I think I know what to do
You thought you got 160 kills?! :lol:
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: Phantasy Star Online
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

no I just thought I had only got 160 points from my kills, like for instance 1 kill might be 5 points, you might get additional points for multikills or streaks etc, I thought that's how the scoring worked
Guild Card: Odin #13044
Ultrapro; Oldskooling since 1990. Long Live DREAMCAST!!
Check out my Twitch channel!https://www.twitch.tv/ultrapro_dc

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?
Dreamcast Games you play Online: All of them! I'm able to connect with dial-up or broadband.

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:no I just thought I had only got 160 points from my kills, like for instance 1 kill might be 5 points, you might get additional points for multikills or streaks etc, I thought that's how the scoring worked
No, it's just one point for every kill. Unfortunately I don't think multikills or kill streaks earn you any extra points. I've checked a couple walkthroughs to make sure and none of them mention it.
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

aah ok so in that case the score in the bottom left is a total of your score including kills and captured control points etc, I see. I'll give this a go later on i reckon

K_I_R_E_E_K

Post by K_I_R_E_E_K »

I always end up near 200 atm, i know i can do more, but i need some luck, i need to find enemies more often.

Like i said before, i would post the pic for 202

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

K_I_R_E_E_K wrote:I always end up near 200 atm, i know i can do more, but i need some luck, i need to find enemies more often.

Like i said before, i would post the pic for 202
Well, it looks like we have a tie for 2nd place. In the case that the contest ends and you are still tied, you will both receive 20 Dreamcast Live Points (normally 3rd would get 10).
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

I will try and put in another attempt before the end of the week, Need to sweet talk my other half though lol

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

ok this is really starting to irritate me now! The highest I seem to be able to get is 180 or so!! WTF Gives? seriously guys I'm starting to doubt this is possible even though i did a video of myself gettin 202!! You sure you guys haven't got it set on novice?

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post by pcwzrd13 »

DCUltrapro wrote:ok this is really starting to irritate me now! The highest I seem to be able to get is 180 or so!! WTF Gives? seriously guys I'm starting to doubt this is possible even though i did a video of myself gettin 202!! You sure you guys haven't got it set on novice?
It's just luck I guess. On my last try I jusy happened to see an enemy around every corner.
PSO Characters:

DCUltrapro
Shark Patrol
Quake 3 Arena

Post by DCUltrapro »

must be, its horse crap!! I'm running around killing like a madman and my score is barely passing 150, seriously I want to see a video from you guys just so I can see what Im doing so wrong lol, am I missing something in the scoring or bot orders?? Cos this is really ticking me off now

YEP its official I give up, this is a load of bollox, its ridiculous! I dunno maybe I'm trying to hard, I just got a score of 140, seems its just determined to stop me form getting anywhere NEAR my old score. My new principle is sound, you don't just get points for kills, you actually rack up points if you are hold control points, and you have to take them, so if you take lower and central and hold them for a long time, every second you get 1 point, plus 1 point per kill. the trick is to let them control some BEFORE you begin taking your points back. the trick is not to let them win or to order the bot to stay put because I find he doesn't do what I say anyway! The trick is to not take any control points for a while, then begin taking them yourself and hold them, while getting kills, so you get kills for your controlled points that you claimed AND your kills together, and your team score should catch up with the other team so you can also win the match
Last edited by DCUltrapro on Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.