Jet Grind Radio Competition (2019)

Official Dreamcast Live competition forum

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Jet Grind Radio Competition (2019)

Post#1 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:14 am

I posted this on Dreamcast Live a while back but figured I'd post this here to try and get more interest. I have a Jet Grind/Set Radio competition ongoing in which you have a chance to win a free game on Steam. Details are here. You have until June 30th to submit an entry. Be sure to select the correct map and mode as I've had a few entries which showed up as 0 points (which means you didn't play the correct map or mode). Good luck to all! :)

Edit: Since the score uploading is currently broken, I'll be accepting entries as screenshots. The current rankings are below.

1. louis012345678 - 41,910
2. Xiden - 23,780
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: Jet Grind Radio Competition (2019)

Post#2 » Sun Apr 28, 2019 2:07 pm

I don't have a DreamPi so I can't participate, but just for the heck of it, here's mine I did a while ago.
20190428_182917.jpg

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#3 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:24 am

Man, delayed another month? Is nobody stepping up to the plate?

Too bad I don't own the game, otherwise I'd totally give it a shot.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#4 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 9:59 am

I posted comments there

This needs a cleared campaign? It's why

Xiden
Developer

Post#5 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:03 am

mistamontiel wrote:I posted comments there

That's what I was about to ask myself. Does this require the entire game be beat before you can try to compete? I think it really needs to be set to like the first stage area so its super accessible to anyone. The game can be pretty challenging :)

Other than of course downloading a cleared save file :lol:

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#6 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:34 am

Xiden wrote:

That's what I was about to ask myself. Does this require the entire game be beat before you can try to compete? I think it really needs to be set to like the first stage area so its super accessible to anyone. The game can be pretty challenging :)

Yeah Jial mentioned that. Didn't really think of that when I started it. lol I don't think you need to beat the entire game though. Maybe only about half of it? Not 100% sure. But yeah, you could download a completed game save as well.
PSO Characters:

Xiden
Developer

Post#7 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:53 am

pcwzrd13 wrote:
Xiden wrote:

Yeah Jial mentioned that. Didn't really think of that when I started it. lol I don't think you need to beat the entire game though. Maybe only about half of it? Not 100% sure. But yeah, you could download a completed game save as well.

That's the issue with Sonic Adventure 1 Competitions too in that you really need a partially or nearly completed file. But blueswirl does have clear files available!

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 12:45 pm

I did grab a save, I couldn't put in my score it was just a massive score by the save's owner likely the case for all saves

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#9 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 1:16 pm

mistamontiel wrote:I did grab a save, I couldn't put in my score it was just a massive score by the save's owner likely the case for all saves

Oh didn't even think of that. Bummer. I just tested it out and I think you can't even play any of the free-play modes until you finish the game. You only have the regular storyline.

That being said, I'm just gonna revamp the rules and make things easier. The new area/mode will be Shibuya Cho > Story Mode > Love Trap. You only need to beat the first level to unlock it. I'll let Jial know to create a contest for it (you won't be able to upload a score until he opens it).
PSO Characters:

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#10 » Mon Apr 29, 2019 3:19 pm

ooo i can compete now. ya i didnt do it before because it wasnt open for me.