What games should I get?

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

HunterMan17
noob

What games should I get?

Post#1 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:38 am

Hey guys, I'm thinking of getting a Dreamcast, but there's really nothing that really caught my attention other than Sonic Adventure 1 & 2. I'm a fan of standard Super Mario, Mario Kart, and Super Smash Bros. games. Can you name any games on the DC similar to these?

wrathofkhan
fire

Re: What games should I get?

Post#2 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:23 pm

Powerstone 2 is similar to smash bros. Wacky races and looney toons are good mario cart style games

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#3 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 3:39 pm

Ooga Booga :lol:
this should really be brought back online

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jXXdTGiFM4
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

wrathofkhan
fire

Post#4 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 5:27 am

And theres still new games made for the Dc too.
Sturmwind for example. Saber rider and the star sheriffs is on the way too and xenocider etc

segata sanshiro
Cracked LCD

Post#5 » Sat Nov 26, 2016 6:59 am

If you have the big N in your blood, you wont like any of sega's games... but if you approach sega for what it is (which is totally different from nintendo) you will have a great time... i suggest starting from the NAOMI arcade ports, which are mostly perfect translations:

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

You can look at it as a collection of the very best arcade games of the 2000s from all genres.

If you want to look at Dreamcast as an extension to your nintendo collection, you have to try the Sonic Adventure series (especially SA2), Rayman 2, Napple Tale, Super Magnetic Neo, Looney Toons Space Race, maybe Soul Calibur.

Again, sega's ideology and game style is very different from nintendo (that's what makes the combination of both so good), if you look from the eyes of a nintendo fanboy, you will hate all sega games... if you look as a gamer in general, you'll be surprised how deep sega's world is ;)

HunterMan17
noob

Post#6 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:06 am

segata sanshiro wrote:sega's ideology and game style is very different from nintendo (that's what makes the combination of both so good), if you look from the eyes of a nintendo fanboy, you will hate all sega games... if you look as a gamer in general, you'll be surprised how deep sega's world is ;)

I was born in 2002 and the consoles I've owned are PS2 (from my brother), PSP, DS Lite, DSi, GBA, Wii, Wii U, & 3DS. Because of this I never really got into the whole "Sega vs. Nintendo" ordeal since I wasn't around for it. So yeah, I'm going in as a "gamer in general" as you put it.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#7 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 7:33 am

2002...it's the first time I hear of a 14 year old willing to buy a dreamcast :o
Hope you have a blast
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

death_pixel
undertow

Post#8 » Sat Dec 10, 2016 8:42 am

I was born in 2002 as well and I got my dreamcast when I was 5 (as a gift from my grandpa). Most classic consoles are big N consoles now but since now my dreamcast is online, it's one of my favorites. And I have 18 wheeler which is one of the first games I got and that is a fun game, even to this day, it's good looking, too. Especially with a VGA cable

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#9 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:40 am

Thats awesome to see younger people really getting into the dreamcast. My son likes it. He is 11.

Gary_b
Quantic Dream

Post#10 » Sun Dec 11, 2016 2:17 am

Hey segata sanshiro wasn't hydro thunder a NAOMI port as well? I remember playing it in the arcade. hell it is the reason I bought my second Dreamcast. I called a game store to buy it for PS1 and the guy said it was $25 bucks. He told me I could buy a Dreamcast for $25 and Hydro thunder for $5 so i got the DC ad never looked back.

HunterMan17 you might like Rayman 2 the great escape its a 3d platformer. Dreamcast did not get a solid mario kart style game. it did get a few that tried but failed. The best one is Revolt, though it is not a kart racer, instead it is an RC racer that has weapons and such. A few that failed are south park rally and the flint stones which was never officially released because it was so bad. Dreamcast has plenty of fighters, Powerstone 1&2 was already named the next best one simular to smash bro would either be Marvel vs Capcom or perhaps even Dead or Alive 2. DOA2 is only like smash bros in the sense that the destruction of the maps are some what like smash bros, you can hit enemies threw walls and down to new areas to fight in etc. You might also wnat to check out Fur Fighters. You can watch youtube reviews and game play of these to get a better idea of them.