BIG HELLO :D

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

wetdreamcast
lithium

Re: BIG HELLO :D

Post#11 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:21 pm

scaryred24 wrote:
krssn wrote:
wetdreamcast wrote: I just checked the burning guide and it says there will be a rar file. When i download i only get the set up file for img burn. I cannot find anywhere the following file; "cdi files for imgburn"
This will give you 3 files. These are the files you need to burn your DC games with ImgBurn.
1. pfctoc.dll
2. pfctoc.h
3. pfctoc.lib

so i don't think my imgburn is properly set up?

That's strange. I just downloaded the file to check and got both a zip and an exe file.

The original download: UPDATE_IMGBurn_2.5.7.0._w_Dreamcast_Support.7z

After clicking on it you get two files:

- cdi files for imgburn.zip
- SetupImgBurn_2.5.7.0.exe

Clicking SetupImgBurn_2.5.7.0.exe shows those 3 files you mentioned...

I reinstalled Windows 7 just a week or two ago. So I have no burning software on my PC whatsoever.

Not that it should make any difference...

You do have an unzip program on your PC right?...

File shows up just fine with WinRAR 4.01 (64-bit)...

Downloaded with Chrome browser. Shouldn't make a difference either, but hey, can't be too thorough... lol

All I did to achieve this is I downloaded the latest version from the official website which is at the time I'm typing this out is 2.5.8.0 and then downloaded the Padus disc juggler .cdi .dll files from the same site. I went to install it and then placed the 3 .dll files for .cdi suppport into the root of the Imgburn install directory and everything works just fine. I would also recommend 7z for extracting compressed folders since it works wonders for me.

Thanks,

I have figured it all out now. I was going to direct download link which did not have the support files, the full zip file was located in the mirror link section (which alo had a lot of garbaage advertising).

But now I am all done :)

wetdreamcast
lithium

Re: BIG HELLO :D

Post#12 » Wed Nov 04, 2015 4:23 pm

krssn wrote:
wetdreamcast wrote: I just checked the burning guide and it says there will be a rar file. When i download i only get the set up file for img burn. I cannot find anywhere the following file; "cdi files for imgburn"
This will give you 3 files. These are the files you need to burn your DC games with ImgBurn.
1. pfctoc.dll
2. pfctoc.h
3. pfctoc.lib

so i don't think my imgburn is properly set up?

That's strange. I just downloaded the file to check and got both a zip and an exe file.

The original download: UPDATE_IMGBurn_2.5.7.0._w_Dreamcast_Support.7z

After clicking on it you get two files:

- cdi files for imgburn.zip
- SetupImgBurn_2.5.7.0.exe

Clicking SetupImgBurn_2.5.7.0.exe shows those 3 files you mentioned...

I reinstalled Windows 7 just a week or two ago. So I have no burning software on my PC whatsoever.

Not that it should make any difference...

You do have an unzip program on your PC right?...

File shows up just fine with WinRAR 4.01 (64-bit)...

Downloaded with Chrome browser. Shouldn't make a difference either, but hey, can't be too thorough... lol

Thanks Krssn,

for some reason the download link I used only downloaded imgburn set up and not the support files. I have located the support files now so it's been smooth sailing ever since.

Return to “New Member Introduction”