Hi there, newbie here!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

starlynxreborn
noob

Hi there, newbie here!

Post#1 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 10:28 am

Hi, all, I'm new here and interested in getting into the Dreamcast scene, can't wait to meet you all! Also, a couple questions. In terms of getting a Dreamcast, are Amazon/Ebay trustworthy or should I shop locally? Also, is there a way to download VMU games from a pc to a VMU? Thanks, and nice to meet you all! :D
Image Drawrazy

Greetings from NorCal!

redjeff76
Anarki

Re: Hi there, newbie here!

Post#2 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 4:16 pm

I have gotten 4 different Dreamcasts from Ebay. Ebay is a trustworthy site and they always back the "buyer" 100%. If God forbid your DC came broken you would contact Ebay and get a refund. Dreamcast's are built like tanks. I have bought a couple listed as broken or untested and when they got to my house after a lil minor cleaning they work fine. I have never spent more than $80 on a non-yellowed, complete Dreamcast. If looking for one I would recommend getting a US (NTSC) unit. They make 3 different revisions of the Dreamcast. Look for a Revision 1 unit. On the bottom of the Dreamcast there will be a label. Next to where it says NTSC, there will be a number with a circle around it. That will be what revision it is. Get a Rev. 1 and you will be able to play burned to CD-R games and also if you ever want to replace the GD-ROM disc reader with a GDEMU (ODE), it will be easy to install yourself with no skill and no soldering. Rev. 1 is the best way to go.

I am not sure if you can transfer VMU games directly from a PC to a VMU. But there are discs you can burn with all the VMU games on it that will allow you to move the games from the Dreamcast directly to the VMU very easily.

starlynxreborn
noob

Re: Hi there, newbie here!

Post#3 » Thu Feb 15, 2024 8:03 pm

Thanks for the advice!
Image Drawrazy

Greetings from NorCal!

Return to “New Member Introduction”