New to the DC scene but I live for retro console hardware and gaming!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Wildmage
shadow

New to the DC scene but I live for retro console hardware and gaming!

Post#1 » Tue Nov 28, 2023 7:14 pm

Just grabbed a V1 Dreamcast from a pawn shop. It was in good shape, working 100%. Then I installed a PicoPSU, nautica fan, laserbear GDEMU mount with a GDEMU clone. It rocks! Got a Kuro VGA cable for it too, though not the Kiro+ as I am running it through a retrotink 5x pro.

I'm kinda a Dreamcast poser, as I only knew one friend that had one, but I owned everything from NES to Sega Genesis to GameCube, Xbox, PS2, Commodore 64, Amigas 500 and 1200, etc, so I'm genuinely gonna enjoy every moment of the Dreamcast, I know it!

Maztr_0n
fire

Re: New to the DC scene but I live for retro console hardware and gaming!

Post#2 » Wed Dec 06, 2023 2:58 am

tbh, if you're enthusiastic about the system, you aint a poser! Hell i wasnt even ALIVE when it was discontinued (in the west at least). All's welcome, as a fellow newbie. Keep Dreaming!
||| She/It ||| Another 365 days to completely waste..! |||

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: New to the DC scene but I live for retro console hardware and gaming!

Post#3 » Thu Dec 07, 2023 9:42 pm

Wildmage wrote:Just grabbed a V1 Dreamcast from a pawn shop. It was in good shape, working 100%. Then I installed a PicoPSU, nautica fan, laserbear GDEMU mount with a GDEMU clone. It rocks! Got a Kuro VGA cable for it too, though not the Kiro+ as I am running it through a retrotink 5x pro.

I'm kinda a Dreamcast poser, as I only knew one friend that had one, but I owned everything from NES to Sega Genesis to GameCube, Xbox, PS2, Commodore 64, Amigas 500 and 1200, etc, so I'm genuinely gonna enjoy every moment of the Dreamcast, I know it!

Welcome! you should try to get yourself a dreampi setup. Lots of games back online again.
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart