First-time online user

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

JP_
noob

First-time online user

Post#1 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 4:21 am

Hi guys, I’ve only properly got into Dreamcast recently and I am taking my first steps into the world of Dreamcast gaming online. I have everything set up and working, so now it’s just a question of what to play. I’m most keen to give PSO and Planet Ring a proper go but I’m a total noob.

What would you guys suggest re playing Phantasy Star Online, given I’m very new and don’t really know what I’m doing yet? Would anyone be happy to have me along for a session or two to help me learn the ropes?
Cheers, JP

George_Tilapia
shadow

Re: First-time online user

Post#2 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 7:41 am

Welcome!

Yeah I would say PSO is the anchor for most of us, but there are tons of great experiences online.

I'm a huge fan of Quake and Ooga Booga, but Daytona and 4x4 Evo are fun times too.

JP_
noob

Re: First-time online user

Post#3 » Sun Nov 05, 2023 8:44 am

Sounds good, thanks. I’ll check those out too in due course.

So far as my setup goes, I’m on a mostly standard Dreamcast with a couple of mods - I did a Noctua fan mod and on the controller board I have a CR2032 holder and diode mod. For online I have a Dreampi set-up I bought from Dreamcast Live. I’m using OG discs, controllers and keyboard, as well as mostly standard VMUs - I have one modded VMU with a rechargeable battery and backlight, which for obvious reasons is my favourite. I’m hoping to get a VM2 at some point as well.
Cheers, JP