Hi there!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Hi there!

Post#1 » Wed Jul 27, 2022 2:45 pm

Hey guys, I've been a retro gamer for quite some time now, and have gradually built up interest in the Dreamcast for the past few years. I finally ended up getting one for my birthday recently, with Sonic Adventure, Shenmue, Rayman 2, Sega Rally 2 and the SD serial port adapter. The one I got had some nice mods inside, and I've already replaced the fan with a silent one, so hopefully I'm set to have fun with it for a while!

Obviously I'm looking to get the most out of the console, and this forum seems to have the most active and productive Dreamcast community on the web. Looking forward to chatting with you!

arnoldfranklin
shadow

Re: Hi there!

Post#2 » Thu Jul 28, 2022 3:02 pm

Hi. You can't go wrong with Rayman 2. I love that game. Welcome here. :D
Do you have a memory card and what do you think of the stuff it shows on the screen of the memory card?

OlivusPrime
dirty sailor

Post#3 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 4:53 pm

Rayman 2 is one of my top 3 games of all time! I was very excited to try out the Dreamcast version, as it has a great reputation and I own all of the other versions. It's a big reason why I got the Dreamcast in the first place.

Yeah I got a regular VMU with the console, enjoying the visuals on it but it's definitely one of those things I wish more developers had picked up on. For example, it would have been great to have your speedometer on there for Sega Rally 2, especially when using a racing wheel. I actually have another translucent black one on the way, Shenmue sure knows how to take up space!

That being said, I was delighted when I plugged it in for the first time and had the smiling face icon grin back at me! And it's very tempting to load it with batteries and take a Chao out for a walk around town!

deluxux
Black Mesa

Post#4 » Mon Aug 01, 2022 8:14 pm

Welcome to the site :)

Return to “New Member Introduction”