Well, it's finally come to this...

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

NALTOHQ
noob

Well, it's finally come to this...

Post#1 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 8:40 am

Many people have a fond memory of their first gaming experience, the feeling they were having, sometimes extracurriculars like the aroma of the room they were playing in, that "new console" smell, or the things they did, in great detail.

I only remember one thing. The first controller I ever held in my lonely hands, was for this console called a "Dreamcast". It was a really weird system by this company called SEGA. It was also launched all the way back in.... wait, we share a birth year?!

Ever since I gained basic awareness of the Dreamcast and it's history, I have developed an insatiable obsession for the console and its community, and I knew I NEEDED ONE OF MY OWN.

Now, I have a lot. A Switch, a Genesis, a NES, a PlayStation, a PS2, an XBOX, a black GameCube (no games for it lol)... but none of them compare to what's plugged into my TV right now.

An October 1999 Sega Dreamcast, with an original controller, a transparent green VMU with no battery cover, a 56k modem, the launch day box it came in, and only one GD-ROM that still works, a scuffed, but working copy of Jet Grind Radio. The cover of the jewel case and manual have been lost to time. My Sonic Adventure GD-ROM no longer works.

In these trying times, I have resorted to burning CD-Rs of games, some worked... some didn't... and playing on PC via Redream. The official GD-ROMs soar in value, making CDI rips my only viable option. Nonetheless, despite the constant fear of my Dreamcast spazzing out like it's been doing for the past few years, until now, where I have it running pretty much like new, I love it with all my heart.

I hope to join the Dreamcast community, make friends, maybe get connected, and play some games online, something I've dreamed of doing for several years.

I don't know if anyone is still here, but if you are, maybe we can be friends.

Looking forward to meeting all sorts of new faces across the net as I play, and cherish, not only my first game console, but in my personal opinion, quite possibly the greatest console ever created.

I think you can guess the name. :)

-Nick (NALTO)

dubcity
Super Sonic

Re: Well, it's finally come to this...

Post#2 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 9:33 am

Welcome. Glad you found us. Enjoy the site.

Jako
Sunday Shootout

Post#3 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:01 am

Welcome and big words for our loved Dreamcast.
Hope that you get the console online!

Yes, you will do many friends here. Many good people, cool ideas and moments to share.

DC4LIFE!!!! :D
Be Dreamcast My Friend!!!

MastaG
Quad Damage

Post#4 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:32 pm

It's a tradition here that all new members shoot a video of themselves running naked through a public place (e.g. a mall, grocery store or park), with a Dreamcast accesoire clenched between the butt cheeks (can be something small e.g. a vmu or your favorite gd-rom disc).. screaming: "every time you buy from Sony!! God kills a kitten!!!"

After 50 posts you'll unlock the secret forum section where everyone shares his own video.

Welcome (and good luck) :D !!

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#5 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 2:58 pm

Welcome :)

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 3:13 pm

MastaG wrote:It's a tradition here that all new members shoot a video of themselves running naked through a public place (e.g. a mall, grocery store or park), with a Dreamcast accesoire clenched between the butt cheeks (can be something small e.g. a vmu or your favorite gd-rom disc).. screaming: "every time you buy from Sony!! God kills a kitten!!!"

After 50 posts you'll unlock the secret forum section where everyone shares his own video.

Welcome (and good luck) :D !!

I remember making mine, oh those were the days. :lol:

Retro-45
letterbomb

Post#7 » Tue Mar 15, 2022 4:21 pm

Ah yes that old blink 182 video :lol:
Welcome to the forum