Hello all! Thanks for keeping the dream alive!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

ShreddieMercury
undertow

Hello all! Thanks for keeping the dream alive!

Post#1 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:36 pm

Hey everyone,

I stumbled upon this forum and have lurked for a while after reviving my original Dreamcast over the past couple of years. I still have my original hardware that was purchased in late 1999 with Hydro Thunder. The DC's short but extremely bright life was home to several experiences that have shaped how I enjoy and think about video games to this day, and I don't think any other console or period of games history will ever surpass it for me. The breadth and depth of the system's incredible library is astonishing to me, and I'm still discovering games that I'd never heard of 20+ years later.

At some point, my system's controller ports ceased to work. I took this to mean that this was it for the console, and packed it away in a closet sometime in the early aughts. When I found it again and did some digging, I discovered that this was a common and replaceable part. After a trip to a local retro games shop, it was back in working condition, just as I'd remembered it! For the past year or so, I've made some modest upgrades, installing a clone GDEMU, 3D printed mount, and new fan. I cleaned the pins on the PSU and installed the resistors to regulate the voltage as well. I now have a DC with a startling selection of games that would have melted my 13 year old brain.

Thanks to everyone who is still keeping the dream alive. The Dreamcast was ahead of its time, and still is in many respects given the startling level of creativity and artistic ambition that is present in a significant portion of its library. It's great to find a forum of people who seem to agree!

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Re: Hello all! Thanks for keeping the dream alive!

Post#2 » Wed Mar 02, 2022 8:38 pm

Cool story. One thing about the Dreamcast is that there is always something to learn from it.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

kremiso
Rank 9

Post#3 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:16 am

Welcome :)

kavita
noob

Post#4 » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:02 am

Hallo...coc mod Apk

Stephen21
noob

Post#5 » Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:07 pm

Playing games on the dreamcast in the past were the days full of fun.Episode MOD APK I used to come back from school and then play the games on it with my friends till night. sonic and power stone were my fav.

GooseGrande
shadow

Post#6 » Mon Jun 27, 2022 12:41 am

Hi, welcome! I'm new here as well!

Norita12
noob

Post#7 » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:22 am

Stephen21 wrote:Playing games on the dreamcast in the past were the days full of fun.GB WhatsApp download I used to come back from school and then play the games on it with my friends till night. sonic and power stone were my fav.

Sonic is also my favorite. which one of sonic games did you like the most? For me, it's sonic adventure 2. :)