hello!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

mettaton
shadow

hello!

Post#1 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:40 pm

hi everybody! made an impulse purchase of a Dreamcast I saw collecting dust at a local game shop on the cheap a few weeks ago and ever since I’ve been sort of obsessed with the system and all the community here! you all seem awesome and I can’t wait to get enough money to play quake or smth with y’all. peace ✌️

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: hello!

Post#2 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 6:17 pm

Welcome to the best retro console community in the world! Dreamcast has the best community I think you will find as you stay with it longer and longer over time. The game still gets "retail" indie games made for it every year you can purchase, as well as amazing homebrew made by the community here as well! So I would say the Dreamcast is the console that just refuses to die. I think it has something to do with how awesome the games were, the machine was and it was Sega's last home console. So we refuse to let it due prematurely.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#3 » Thu Feb 04, 2021 11:56 pm

Well put, Anthony! Better than I could say it!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

mettaton
shadow

Post#4 » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:22 am

Anthony817 wrote:Welcome to the best retro console community in the world! Dreamcast has the best community I think you will find as you stay with it longer and longer over time. The game still gets "retail" indie games made for it every year you can purchase, as well as amazing homebrew made by the community here as well! So I would say the Dreamcast is the console that just refuses to die. I think it has something to do with how awesome the games were, the machine was and it was Sega's last home console. So we refuse to let it due prematurely.

honestly the amount of homebrew and developments (like bleemcast unlocking) has been astounding to see so I think I made the right choice :D

Return to “New Member Introduction”