Greetings

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Savlon
shadow

Greetings

Post#1 » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:06 pm

Hello. I've owned a DC and a Mega Drive since only 2014 so was a bit late to begin with, and I'm quite late to the party joining this forum now, but I finally have (didn't do it until my interest rolled back around again). Sega fan since probably 2011 but probably don't know enough to call myself that. I hadn't used either of my DCs (second one I bought as faulty for controller but mostly worked fine) properly until recently since maybe mid 2017 as I thought they were broken though sometimes they did work, but anyway I wasn't sure what it was which is why I never ended up "fixing" them though a day or two ago I went onto the discord server and someone explained to me that the problem I was having was just caused by bent power pins and apparently it is common so I assume most of you know what I'm talking about - cuts out sometimes, won't come back on properly without reinserting power cable. And in early 2018 I found a Saturn for a good price locally (I wasn't looking for one, just thought it was good to get when I saw it and have used it intermittently since but it has a dry joint or something on the sound chip and has sound problems (and sometimes crashes when a game tries to load or is paused) that are temporarily rectified with a reboot but mostly seem to disappear after it has been in use for a while) and as my main DC (other one is kept somewhere else as spare) was not working I decided to put the new Saturn where it stayed before as there isn't free space where they are. In 2018 I got into cars for 2 years and sort of lost interest in video games other than like Gran Turismo. From there things got used now and then but not often. In 2020 because of the Nintendo "gigaleak" I got back into video games and ended up buying an N64 I always wanted for a price I never wanted to pay and my DC interest came back a little once or twice and then a bit more just recently. Interests in everything come, go and come back again frequently as I'm sure you will all understand. Before 2014 I think I thought that the DC wasn't real and only existed in my dreams and also thought that Sonic Riders was for it but then I saw a load of Youtube videos about it.

Anyway, Hi everyone, I'm excited to see the state of the recovery of the online services and hope to get DreamPi sorted out soon. It was around when I first got my DC or since just after at least but I don't think I knew about it until maybe 2016 though I'd daydreamed about something like that and apparently dreams can come true! Next level stuff! The kind of thing someone would suggest and then someone else would come along and list all the reasons why it can't be done but in this case it has been done! Thank you to Kazade and all the others involved of course! I haven't really bought any DC games other than a bunch in 2014 (most of which have damaged cases because european case design plus probably not enoguh bubble wrap. Yay!). I don't even have Shenmue though I hope to correct that soon. I should have learnt C by now also but as always procrastination... partly the fault of video games, partly having other things with higher priority that I don't want to do and only complete after something else has been added to the queue.

Anyway (I'm saying this again). Hi everybody, I hope to have a nice time, and hope you are too! Not sure what else to say now really. Oh yes. Now I am hoping that prices don't go any higher but I am starting to think that current prices at least for the commons I am interested in are OK. The curse of being into old stuff. I'm used to buying PS2 games so pretty uch everything seems expensive to me but I suppose I need to compare to a takeaway that's gone in 5 minutes or a very brief holiday and stuff like that where a video game you keep forever doesn't seem like a bad deal comparatively even if expensive. I also need to remember that every day is usally not the last day ever as well of course and I will only look back in the future and regret doing nothing again.

kremiso
Rank 9

Re: Greetings

Post#2 » Tue Jan 19, 2021 4:45 am

Welcome :)

Return to “New Member Introduction”