Hello Everyone!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Windguy432
noob

Hello Everyone!

Post#1 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:25 pm

Hi all,

I've been a long time lurker on these forums for a while now, figured now is as good a time as ever to officially join you guys! I'll briefly introduce myself. I grew up playing the N64 and Gamecube with my brother, and the Genesis at my grandparent's back in the day. I never even knew the Dreamcast existed during it's time on the market, as I must have been too young to remember seeing any games in the stores. Anyways I first heard about the Dreamcast while browsing the Chao Island website many many years ago, and I was astonished to find out that my favorite Gamecube games Sonic Adventure 1 + 2 actually came out before on a different console! Ever since then I've been interested in learning and experiencing the beloved Sega console that passed me by between the releases of the N64 and Gamecube. Over the past few years I've been collecting games for it and have been having a real blast with it. I actually just finished collecting my North American launch lineup of games which I figured I could share ;)

I'm glad to be officially part of the community now :)
Attachments
5a1831gre1b51.jpg

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Re: Hello Everyone!

Post#2 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 12:32 pm

Welcome. Always glad to see a new face. You interested in going online with your dreamcast? I missed out on the online when it first came out but I'm definitely making up for it now lol

Windguy432
noob

Post#3 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:20 pm

Krootox1986 wrote:Welcome. Always glad to see a new face. You interested in going online with your dreamcast? I missed out on the online when it first came out but I'm definitely making up for it now lol

Thank you Krootox1986! I've looked into setting up a Dreampi in the near distant future, but I still have plenty of single player games to play for now! I've never played Phantasy Star Online which would be my biggest draw, although i'm not entirely familiar with the servers and serial numbers that go along with that. My only real experience with an online game such as that was Runescape, which I've played on and off since 2007 lol.

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#4 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 1:44 pm

Windguy432 wrote:Thank you Krootox1986! I've looked into setting up a Dreampi in the near distant future, but I still have plenty of single player games to play for now! I've never played Phantasy Star Online which would be my biggest draw, although i'm not entirely familiar with the servers and serial numbers that go along with that. My only real experience with an online game such as that was Runescape, which I've played on and off since 2007 lol.

I'll level with you PSO was what drew me in but I've played it like twice lol. Lots of great games to choose from now

Windguy432
noob

Post#5 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:25 pm

Krootox1986 wrote:I'll level with you PSO was what drew me in but I've played it like twice lol. Lots of great games to choose from now

What online games are you playing and would recommend?

Krootox1986
letterbomb

Post#6 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 2:34 pm

Definitely Gundam. It just recently came back online and it's incredible fun. Other than that the sports games and quake 3 are always good fun

Return to “New Member Introduction”