FNG and new Dreamcast owner here.

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

JohnnyBGetgoode
noob

FNG and new Dreamcast owner here.

Post#1 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:24 pm

Heeeeeeerrrrrrreeeeeee's Johnny!

How's it going? I found a Dreamcast in a local store and I mulled over picking it up, as I have entertained the idea of owning one for quite some time. The library was one of the best in the history of gaming (or so I hear; I didn't own on in its heyday), and as it turns out, there are still quite a few Dreamcast gems I was interested in that weren't ported to other systems (Power Stone, Armada, Airforce Delta Strike, and so on).

But what really pushed me over the edge to get the Dreamcast was the online scene. The fact that people still play in 2020 boggles the mind. And with 2000 registered users no less! And even better, I have the means to set it all up; I happen to have a Raspberry Pi 3 Model B v2 close to hand, so DreamPi is very much a possibility.

It'll take a while to get everything set up. I still need to acquire my games (Starlancer is first on the list, and is on its way), as well as the proper cabling/connection to the Pi. But once that's ready, I'll be joining you all for wholesome retro fun!

See you around, guys!

Ian Micheal
Developer

Re: FNG and new Dreamcast owner here.

Post#2 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:07 pm

welcome i think i talked to you on discord :) yeah dreamcast has a great homebrew scene with new games emulators and things to use it for lot more coming soon not just from me but very cool stuff in the works cant say more lol..

welcome this is the best forum to come for geting your dreamcast online and having fun

jason8802
rebel

Post#3 » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:21 pm

Good to have you in the Dreamcast community as well. I'm new here my self and just setup my Dreamcast online recently.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#4 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 4:45 pm

Welcome to the forums Johnny dude! :D

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sun Jan 19, 2020 5:05 pm

Yeah welcome on board! I need to get mine back online pretty soon, been missing out on all the great get-togethers every week.