Hello, all. I'm Windows9X.

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Windows9X
photon blast

Hello, all. I'm Windows9X.

Post#1 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 7:04 pm

Greetings fellow members of DC-T, i'm Windows9X.

As the name implies, i'm quite fond of the Windows 95-ME era as well as MS-DOS; Mac OS9, too! I specialize in building vintage computers and also servicing them. I'm a hobbyist engineer and i'm working on registering my software company. I also collect video games and computers, in my spare time; Lately i've been acquiring a lot of Polish, Netherland and Brazil titles. I've also been beefing up my American titles, as theres a few games for Dreamcast, Original Xbox and Gamecube that i missed, as a young boy'o.

I've recently been getting into DreamPi; I've been using the Netopia method for quite some years now, but it's honestly a dinosaur thing to do. But, then again, my username. Irony.

I am mostly interested in playing 4x4, Worms and most definitely Tetris via DreamPi. If any of you on this forum have XLink Kai, i'm also extremely active in the Original Xbox Kai scene.

--

Anyways, i've come here today to say hello. This is a lovely forum and i'm looking forward to playing with you guys, sometime. I'm also going to pull a shameless plug by promoting my tool, DreamPi Companion:

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=11671

It's an alternative DreamPi GUI, for Desktops, and it's available in Windows (2000+), Mac OS X (10.6+) and Linux (Ubuntu-based tested only) flavors. You can click that link above to read more about it as well as view the active debugging and help threads on there.

Shameless plug aside, cheers! Still thinking in 2019..
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Sega RPG

Re: Hello, all. I'm Windows9X.

Post#2 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 4:22 am

well i can confirm the dreampi companion works even on fedora mate :p

anyway welcome, i am one of the latest members and i can assure you this is a lovely place :)

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#3 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 6:24 am

The Dreampi Companion is awesome. So glad to have you with us :D
Always good to have someone new who is also able to understand and write code of any kind. I've been dealing with old DC site HTML to revive them, but that's the limit of my knowledge. There's Shu who has been the driving force behind the online playable titles coming back online, Jial is restoring Leaderboards, and there are several members who are into coding and making game titles. But we're mainly a group of fans who understand just enough to get the Dreampi to work XD

You'll be well liked here, as we always need more coders and programmers lol

Windows9X
photon blast

Post#4 » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:11 am

247 wrote:well i can confirm the dreampi companion works even on fedora mate :p

anyway welcome, i am one of the latest members and i can assure you this is a lovely place :)

Fedora too, huh? That's excellent news. I've never compiled for Linux before, until now, and there are a billion and 1 kernel revisions, so i feel slightly more optimistic about it. Thanks!

Roareye wrote:The Dreampi Companion is awesome. So glad to have you with us :D
Always good to have someone new who is also able to understand and write code of any kind. I've been dealing with old DC site HTML to revive them, but that's the limit of my knowledge. There's Shu who has been the driving force behind the online playable titles coming back online, Jial is restoring Leaderboards, and there are several members who are into coding and making game titles. But we're mainly a group of fans who understand just enough to get the Dreampi to work XD

You'll be well liked here, as we always need more coders and programmers lol

Thank you so much, Roareye! You've been too and and helpful, to me! -- I really appreciate you testing out games for my DreamPi Companion project and its excellent research information for Kazade. Your reports and outcomes show that Kazade is definitely missing some URLs, which is to be expected since his project is beta. Because of this, it also shows why DreamPi Companion shows things wrong. If it shows wrong on the website, it will show wrong on the tool, so less work on my end. All i can do is "future proof" the tool to support game IDs (assumed strings) and icons, until DreamPi officially does.

I've not super fluent in HTML, but i've worked with it in the past. Around 2014, when i used the Netopia method, i made a site simply for hosting and downloads JPEGs into Jet Grind Radio. I've also worked on some other HTML projects and i have to say my main issue is actually just CSS. I'm bad with it. I'm not a fan of static page development and i'm kind of surprised we still use HTML in 2019.

I've written some "game" titles before, as tests, over the past 6 years. My main project is actually a game, which now that i know i can compile DreamPi Companion for OS X and Linux, will be on PC,OS X and Linux. I'm hoping to get it on GOG. - Most of my coding is just novelty software, tools for my software and *actual software. For example: A couple years ago, in a nasty programming language i don't want to remember, i wrote a desktop version of the 'Gameboy Horror' from Luigi's Mansion on Gamecube; Novelty. -- DreamPi Companion stores it's assets in an SDA binary, which is a custom binary format i wrote myself; tools. Lastly, the Companion itself is *genuine software, this time for the Dreamcast community and i hope people will love it. It's good to just have it running on an extra monitor, so you can work but also keep an eye on the action.

--

AAaany ways, i really appreciate the warm welcomes, thus far. I'm looking forward to being apart of the community and playing online with everyone; Especially Tetris. I'm going to learn to play Phantasy Star, too as i completely skipped out on that game when i was younger. Now i own version 2 and a (sadly Japanese) dreamcast keyboard.
Author of original DreamPi Companion..

Return to “New Member Introduction”