Hello all

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

VS2 Junkie
rebel

Hello all

Post#1 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 6:14 am

Hi all

Let me introduce myself

My name is Alan and being a computer and console owner since the late 70s so I've been around for quite a while and owned some classics over the years.

Pong TV game
Atari VCS
Atari 800xl
Atari 65 xe
Atari st
Atari jag
Sega Saturn
Sega dreamcast

As can be seen I started on the Ataris and moved over to sega in the mid 90s

I loved the Saturn but when the dreamcast was on the horizon I couldn't wait to get one so I pre ordered one from toys r us in Preston and picked it up on release date.i got the console with an extra controller 2x memory modules and 2 games(ready 2 rumble and incoming)
I used to love playing those plus VS2 and house of the dead 2

I absolutely loved the dreamcast and it was the most underrated console of all time

Anyway over the years the collection disappeared for one reason or another and I moved to the PC and classic arcade machine collecting.

So after 20 years I have decided to re aquire and play some of my old consoles and classic games but I still had a few in storage(sadley not a dreamcast)

I still have all my jaguar stuff and now have an atari st and 65 xe(that's the atari bit sorted)plus an old adman grandstand 2600 mk2 pong game.

Over the last week I have just bagged(in seperate auctions)

A mint Dreamcast With controller
3x memory cards
1 extra controller
HDMI interface
Incoming game

And my kids(now grown up)are getting me VS2 and ready 2 rumble for Christmas

Anyway enough rambling on its nice to be here and I am really looking forward to the dreamcast again

Only downside the wife got me these for Christmas and I can't have them untill then but it beats socks and aftershave hands down :)

On a side note I also own 2 full size arcade stand ups (Daytona USA(model 2) and a stand up virtua striker 2 98(model 3))

Sega1Dream
Donated

Re: Hello all

Post#2 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 11:12 am

Welcome to the community Alan!

The Dreamcast is my all time favorite system, and in 2003 I also put is aside and sold off part (like the BBA). Once in awhile I would take it out to reminisce of its glory, until a couple years ago I searched online and found this community. It has been great, and I would have never thought people would be able to bring the online capabilities back to so many great games!

Hope to see you online soon. The DreamPi (Raspeberry Pi) is your best bet, as it allows you to get online with a lot of games!

VS2 Junkie
rebel

Post#3 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 12:12 pm

Thanks for the welcome

I will get set up and settled with my new DC and early next year I will deffo swat up on the online stuff

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 1:16 pm

VS2 Junkie wrote:Thanks for the welcome

I will get set up and settled with my new DC and early next year I will deffo swat up on the online stuff

Welcome to the party! Hope to see you online soon!

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#5 » Fri Nov 30, 2018 4:11 pm

Long live the Dreamcast

Welcome to the forums.
Attachments
tenor.gif
tenor.gif (1.23 MiB) Viewed 4394 times

Return to “New Member Introduction”