Introduction Guzman

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Guzman
shadow

Introduction Guzman

Post#1 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:22 pm

Hi guys,

I recently joined the awesome Dreamcast-Talk group because my love for the Sega Dreamcast has increased the last couple of years and I'm really trying to get my system online. Saving some money for a DreamPi :D .

However, I'm kind of a late adopter to the system, although my brothers owned a Dreamcast. When I was around 10 years old I first played on the Dreamcast of my brothers. Because I was the little brother they only let me play some small time on the system but I can still remember the awesome Sonic Adventure games, Soul Reaver and Virtua Tennis. After that I got my own game system the Original Xbox and the Dreamcast ended up on the attic.

Four years ago, when I was throwing away some old stuff, I found the Dreamcast again and decided to take it with me. When I hooked it up and put Sonic Adventure in it played the game immediately. If it never ended up on the attic. After this I really invested some time to learn the console, the games, the community and more. I think this system is one of the best consoles ever created.

I hope I can share my (future) Dreamcast experiences with all of you guys here 8-) .

Thanks!

Guzman

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Re: Introduction Guzman

Post#2 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 6:35 pm

Welcome to the forums. It’s great to hear from new users. Hope to see you on Maximum Pool some time.

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#3 » Fri Nov 09, 2018 11:39 pm

Welcome Guzman! Hope to see you online soon. So many games back online, the DreamPi has brought the Dreamcast back! :D

Guzman
shadow

Post#4 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:00 pm

Thanks guys! Saving money to get myself a DreamPi. Would love to play some Quake, PSO or NBA 2K :)

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#5 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 12:20 pm

I really love hearing your experience with the Dreamcast (DC). We will help you with anything you need to get online, or other things DC. There are tools at the Dreamcast-Live.net site to help with unreleased games, boot discs and so on. One game particular is PBA Tour Bowling 2001 which is an unreleased online game that has been recently made available. So, your brothers never got to play this game at all not did any back in the original era of the DC. Best online performance of the online games are PSO, Maximum Pool, 4x4 Evo, Worms World Party (WWP) and Alien Front Online (AFO)...or so I have found. Also Dreampipe has leader boards, so you can post your Sonic Adventure high scores. Yes, SA will connect the internet thanks to Dan of the Dreampipe community.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#6 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 3:51 pm

Welcome to the community.

Thee Dreamcast has loads of great games. Enough to last me a life time!
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Guzman
shadow

Post#7 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 4:35 pm

Thanks guys! That PBA Tour Bowling game sounds really interesting. I should get it burned on a CD-R (if possible) and check it out. I recently burned the Action Replay boot disc from here and works perfectly, so now I can try and get Alien Front Online for example. I would also like to get some more understanding for modding the Dreamcast, for example: battery, LED light and Noctua fan mod.

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#8 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 6:20 pm

https://mega.nz/#F!eB0yWBTR!Gky4jv7HxUk5a7GS0garNQ

Scroll down to P and grab PBA Bowling

Welcome!

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Sat Nov 10, 2018 9:33 pm

Welcome! A lot of really great knowledgeable people here to help you learn the ropes. I too need to save up for a DreamPi. My DC was sitting dead for 2 years until August this year I managed to buy a GDEMU finally to revive it. Best decision I made for the system. Really the best way to play games. Fuck burning discs. Now I can play any little homebrew at a whim and not waste an entire disc to do so.

If you ever get tired of burning games, you can always look into getting one of those after you get your DreamPi.