Hey guys!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

Keemothehuman
noob

Hey guys!

Post#1 » Tue Jan 23, 2018 1:13 pm

I'm so happy to have found this forum!

Many years ago, my mom tragically threw away my dreamcast while I was overseas for uni. :'(

To this day I have fond memories of games like Sonic the Hedgehog 1 and 2, Sonic Shuffle, Crazy Taxi, Powerstone 1 and 2, Dead or Alive 2, Street Fighter, and more..

And it's only just occurred to me to explore the internet for opportunities to play these games with others once again.

So I anxiously ask the following:

A) Is there any way to play these games online with others on a Laptop or PC? If yes, how big and/or active is the community?

B) Is there any way to get my hands on a Dreamcast Console and the aformentioned games once again?

I eagerly await your replies. :!:

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Re: Hey guys!

Post#2 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:49 am

Hi there, welcome to the community.

A) The games you have listed were not multiplayer online games to begin with, so these games can not be played online with even a Dreamcast. The only online games that a DC & PC compatible are Quake 3 Arena and Phantasy Star online (not emulation). I would recommend sticking to the DC only for greater compatiblity and game selection. Have a look on the Dreamcast Live website to see the list of online Dreamcast Games

B) Have you not thought about checking Ebay??

+C) Look into buying a "DreamPi" aswell to get your Dreamcast back online via Broadband/WiFi. In basic terms it essentially converts the Dreamcast phoneline modem to work with broadband/WiFi
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Keemothehuman
noob

Post#3 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:08 am

Anonymouse wrote:Hi there, welcome to the community.

A) The games you have listed were not multiplayer online games to begin with, so these games can not be played online with even a Dreamcast. The only online games that a DC & PC compatible are Quake 3 Arena and Phantasy Star online (not emulation). I would recommend sticking to the DC only for greater compatiblity and game selection. Have a look on the Dreamcast Live website to see the list of online Dreamcast Games

B) Have you not thought about checking Ebay??

+C) Look into buying a "DreamPi" aswell to get your Dreamcast back online via Broadband/WiFi. In basic terms it essentially converts the Dreamcast phoneline modem to work with broadband/WiFi

Thanks a lot for getting back to me mate.. Unfortunately, Ebay doesn't deliver to my address here in UAE :/ which is why I never bothered to look on there.

Such a shame there's no way to play a game like powerstone or Sonic Shuffle online. Imagine the FUNNNNNNNNN

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 11:16 am

Keemothehuman wrote:Such a shame there's no way to play a game like powerstone or Sonic Shuffle online. Imagine the FUNNNNNNNNN

The Japanese version of Power Stone 2 has online play so there's still hope. :) Welcome to DC-Talk BTW!
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#5 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 7:15 pm

I'm pretty sure there are other online stores that sell a dreamcast like goatstore.com or dkoldies.com.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#6 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 9:09 pm

At GoatStore.com
---
Dreamcast console: $30 [ http://www.goatstore.com/Products/Sega/ ... e_hookups/ ]
Delivery to the UAE: $63

Delivery costs are similar elsewhere.

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Wed Jan 24, 2018 10:27 pm

Welcome to DC-Talk! Hope you enjoy your time here.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#8 » Thu Jan 25, 2018 7:41 am

A few years ago I was transiting through Abu Dhabi a lot. I could have dropped one off to you.

If you buy a Dreamcast off Ebay UK and get it sent to my address, I could do whatever mods you want to it and post it to you?
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

Keemothehuman
noob

Post#9 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:18 am

I wanted to reply to each of you individually with a multi-quote but it doesn't seem possible on here?

Anyways, thanks a lot for your responses!

Wow, gotta research this Japanese version of Powerstone now, lol.

Damn, 60 dollars for a dreamcast so cheap! And Anonymomuse, that sounds awesome mate, so nice of you.. definitely man, I'll take you up on that soon as I can.. I've been busy lately, trying to move out.. once I'm settled into my new place Ima look at getting that Dreamcast and making that new place feel like home :D

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#10 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:36 am

Nothing makes a place feel like a home like a Dreamcast does! :-)