Hi!

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!

Moderator: pcwzrd13

pastelshoal
rebel

Hi!

Post#1 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 9:50 pm

Hi everyone!
I found that there was a forum specifically for the Dreamcast recently, so of course, I had to join it. I've been around on the SegaSaturn.co.uk forum for a few months now, and I've really enjoyed it, so I thought finding a forum for the Dreamcast would provide a similar experience. Especially when I'm experiencing it for the first time. I first got a Dreamcast years ago at a Goodwill. At the time, I mostly got it just because I'm a massive SEGA fan. I played almost nothing on it, spare Sonic Adventure which I later sold. Yet I've kept the console around out of respect.

I'm thinking it's time I gave it another chance. One of my favourite games of all time, Jet Set Radio, was made for it. I even played through a burned copy on the DC a few years ago. There's just so many stellar DC games that I haven't played. Shenmue I & II, Skies of Arcadia, Chu Chu Rocket, Rez, Ikaruga... I think there's something to be said that I was just spread a bit too thin when I first bought it. I have Skies of Arcadia in the mail and am looking forward to it quite a bit.

Here's hoping to great experiences!

itsthinkingstill
Vagabond

Re: Hi!

Post#2 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 3:56 pm

Welcome friend! we warmly greet you to this community, expect lots of people to send game recommendations as the Dreamcast has the best library's off all time (Only one close to it is the Saturn in my opinion) if there is one title i recommend to start your dc collection its Pso as its an amazing game on and offline. Others are f355 Challenge, 2k sports games (weird to recommend sports games but they are the best ones out there) , Vrtua tennis, crazy taxi 1& 2, mdk 2, Power Stone 1 & 2, Seaman and Ecco the Dolphin Defender Of The Future are all amazing games

pastelshoal
rebel

Post#3 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:44 pm

Thank you for the recommendations! For sure, Seaman and Ecco are on my list. SEGA produced such unique games, especially on the Dreamcast. I'll look into the others you mentioned.

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#4 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 4:56 pm

Welcome to DC-Talk! Hope you enjoy your stay! :-)
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Anonymouse
Outtrigger

Post#5 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 6:17 pm

pastelshoal wrote:Thank you for the recommendations! For sure, Seaman and Ecco are on my list. SEGA produced such unique games, especially on the Dreamcast. I'll look into the others you mentioned.

You should invest in a DreamPi so you can play Dreamcast games online. ITs a whole different experience
Dreamcast: Blue Swirl, 60hz, White LED, Removable battery holder, Internal SD card reader, BBA, DreamPi, RGB Scart

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#6 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:04 pm

Howdy

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#7 » Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:38 pm

pcwzrd13 wrote:Welcome to DC-Talk! Hope you enjoy your stay! :-)

What he said!
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

Xiden
Developer

Post#8 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 1:56 am

Wellllllllcome to dreamcast land!

Return to “New Member Introduction”