Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Say Hi and introduce yourself to the forum here!
User avatar
akumajobelmont
undertow
Posts: 27

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#11 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 1:33 am

Tarnish wrote:
akumajobelmont wrote:It is a small world for sure! Yeah, that was when VGMix was still alive and kicking. And thanks, they're really old for me know, and hard to listen too, ha!


The curse of being an artist. :lol: Our old stuff we were once so proud of now seems horrible.


You were a remixer there too? On both OCR and VGMix?

User avatar
Tarnish
stalker
Posts: 294

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#12 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:39 am

akumajobelmont wrote:You were a remixer there too? On both OCR and VGMix?


Nah, I was only snooping around and checking out what others were making. Although I messed around in FL Studio a little, I never really got far. I had a bit better luck with making Sonic sprites.

User avatar
akumajobelmont
undertow
Posts: 27

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#13 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 3:47 am

Tarnish wrote:Nah, I was only snooping around and checking out what others were making. Although I messed around in FL Studio a little, I never really got far. I had a bit better luck with making Sonic sprites.


Ahhh, I see! We all find our lanes, eh?

User avatar
Tarnish
stalker
Posts: 294

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#14 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 4:29 am

akumajobelmont wrote:Ahhh, I see! We all find our lanes, eh?


I guess. :P

I also guess this is the part where I should plug my only remix that actually got (somewhat) finished, lol.
https://remix.thasauce.net/song/RTS0264/
Tho everybody only listen at their own risk..since mixing/mastering is pretty much nonexistent in it. :lol:

User avatar
akumajobelmont
undertow
Posts: 27

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#15 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 5:15 am

Tarnish wrote:
akumajobelmont wrote:Ahhh, I see! We all find our lanes, eh?


I guess. :P

I also guess this is the part where I should plug my only remix that actually got (somewhat) finished, lol.
https://remix.thasauce.net/song/RTS0264/
Tho everybody only listen at their own risk..since mixing/mastering is pretty much nonexistent in it. :lol:


You know what, I think I have that MP3 in my ancient R:TS folder on my external drive! I know it, haha!

So we're plugging, yeah?

My YouTube Channels are here:

THE AUSSIE RETRO GAMERVINE:
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCZY94M ... 1iwzWpYXrw

My Personal Channel (some gameplay vids, a little music, not much else :P)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL9m8x ... ZOabHxbaLQ

I also co-host an neat little 80s Synthwave/New Retro Podcast with a couple of buddies from OC Remix - you might remember Rayza of 'Green Hill Zome (Euroclub 95' Mix)' fame? It's a lot of fun, we even had the composer of the mobile game PinOut on the show recently, which was neat!

The Austranadian Synth Alliance:
https://soundcloud.com/synthwave_asap

User avatar
Tarnish
stalker
Posts: 294

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#16 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:20 am

akumajobelmont wrote:So we're plugging, yeah?


I only plugged it cuz remixes was the topic and it was the only thing I had to plug. :lol:

Looking at your videos, I get the impression you're quite into your racing games.

User avatar
akumajobelmont
undertow
Posts: 27

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#17 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 7:31 am

Tarnish wrote:I only plugged it cuz remixes was the topic and it was the only thing I had to plug. :lol:

Looking at your videos, I get the impression you're quite into your racing games.


Well, I figured since it's my thread, I could plug away, haha. That and it gives a fairly decent impression of who I am :P

Yeah, I looooooove my Arcade Racers. I can't profess to be amazing at them (or at most games, in general), but they're usually my first port of call when I pick up any system. The strength of it's arcade racing library is what I judge a console on.
And SEGA Racers are generally my favourite of them all. Though I do love the WipEout games, the Ridge Racer series, almost any Genki racer and a whole slew of others. Rush 2049 is gooooooold as far as I'm concerned, but screw the racing, it's all about Stunt Mode and hunting down gold and silver coins for me! :)

User avatar
Tarnish
stalker
Posts: 294

Re: Aussie Dreamcast owner since the beginning :D

Post#18 » Sun Jan 08, 2017 10:34 am

akumajobelmont wrote:Yeah, I looooooove my Arcade Racers. I can't profess to be amazing at them (or at most games, in general), but they're usually my first port of call when I pick up any system. The strength of it's arcade racing library is what I judge a console on.
And SEGA Racers are generally my favourite of them all. Though I do love the WipEout games, the Ridge Racer series, almost any Genki racer and a whole slew of others. Rush 2049 is gooooooold as far as I'm concerned, but screw the racing, it's all about Stunt Mode and hunting down gold and silver coins for me! :)


Rush 2049..now that is one of those games (along with Magforce Racing) that I really like the concept of, but find it very hard to get used to the controls. Might have to give them another try sometime.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Member Introduction”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users