flaminshan's Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Alex Supersonic
rebel

Re: my sealed PAL UK / EURO dreamcast collection

Post#11 » Sun May 19, 2013 7:50 am

This is gonna cost you a fortune :D And honestly I don't know if it's still possible (for example Samba de Amigo)

@Family Dog: Don't know what you exactly mean, but here are my Shenmue 1+2 sealed (they are not resealed).

Family Dog
Anarki

Post#12 » Mon May 20, 2013 7:00 am

Yep my Shenmue 2 is exactly the same. If you stand it up or put it on a shelf next to other Dreamcast games you will notice the dreamcast logo is at the bottom and upside-down and the text runs the other way up the spine when compared to others.

All the ones I have seen over the years that have looked legit have been the same, must have been a factory error or something.
@guacasaurus_mex

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#13 » Mon May 20, 2013 12:35 pm

not at all, those boxes are meant to be put backwards
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

flaminsham
shadow

Post#14 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:06 am

Family Dog wrote:Ahhhhhhh that UK sealed DOA2 is my personal grail, i've been searching for one for about 6 years!!

It's also good to see my sealed copies of Shenmue 1 & 2 look identical to yours, which seem to have been purchased from a reputable seller because there are heaps of re-sealed copies of these around and it's hard to tell which ones are legit.

Just out of curiosity, are the cases in Shenmue 2 the wrong way round? I mean is the text on the spine going the opposite way to other DC games? I'm pretty sure this is how they came from the factory, but I just want to confirm with one that has a high chance of being legit.

Good luck with your collection! I just passed the 100+ mark for my sealed collection. You've chosen a very expensive hobby haha

Sorry for the late reply. The DOA 2 is indeed a dreamcast gem. Not many people know how rare a PAL UK copy is. There are ton of European copies on the market all of which have multi language at the back but not just English text. It is very difficult to come across this game, I don't think any have appeared on eBay. I know some heavy dreamcast collectors who have tried to persuade me to part way with my copy, but no way I am letting go of this copy. :P I was very lucky to find it.

Yes, the previous owner purchased all these games from HMV in the U.K, I have no idea why he never got around to playing them. Must have been busy playing with his joystick. :shock: Some of the games have price stickers as well securtiy protection tags on them which I hate but I am sure they can be removed with goo gone.....

I am not entirely sure what you mean regarding the spine of the shenmue 2 dreamcast game, if you require I can provide further pictures....I can confirm the text part of the game which is on the spine is in the inside....Hope this makes sense.

Thanks again and yes this hobby is very expensive, I come from a sealed Nintendo collection background but I must say Sega is a lot harder. Congrats on the 100 + milestone.

flaminsham
shadow

Post#15 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:09 am

jalvarez82 wrote:That sealed Shenmue II is super sexy. Can I have it?? :D

I don't think I will ever part way with my games ........All the best with the search.

flaminsham
shadow

Post#16 » Wed May 29, 2013 9:19 am

I just double checked my shenmue 2 and it is sealed exactly like this one :

www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Shenmue-2-Sega-Dream ... 7675.l2557

This is the most previous one which sold on eBay.

I am not sure now which is a legit factory seal....?