What are your top 3 items in your collection?

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Dreamcast Games you play Online: http://www.youtube.com/user/CDages

Re: What are your top 3 items in your collection?

Post by CD AGES »

dark wrote:Bump. It's been a little while. Anyone change their minds? Any others want to mention their favorites? I'm updating my top 3 accordingly.

Well I think I'm getting closer to the top 3 items im my DC collection.

As I've mentioned here before, my original Rev 0 unit which was eventuallly modded with internal vga output by my good friend is top on the list.

My second item would have to be my import copy of Super Street Fighter 2X: FMS. I found the game mint for next to nothing and its perhaps the most expensive game in the series for the system (as well as perhaps the most expensive fighter, period!). It ain't my favorite game in the series thats for sure, but I've recently been playing some skilled players and managed to hold my own (surprising considering I dont playing in this game). What I do enjoy about the game is the huge ammount of customization options this port provides. Its quite interesting messing around with the games unlockable dipswitch settings!

So I guess that leaves just one more on the list... hmm.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news
bcaulf
shadow

Post by bcaulf »

Though my collection is not very big, I have a few noteworthy items that are kind of valuable.

1. Samba De Amigo Maracas: Box and everything. I was so glad when I got these off ebay. Sadly though, one of the maracas doesn't work too well anymore, and it's hard to play the game now, and it sucks that it's hard to replace :(

2. Zero Gunner 2: One of the import titles on the mildly-rare side (I think I purchased it for around $70), but it is one of the BEST imports you can get for the console, and I'm sure most people who own this game will agree. It's still one of my favorite games on the console, and you really can't put a price on this game. It's fantastic.

3. I actually don't have it yet so I can't say anything about it, but a copy of Ikaruga I ordered about a week ago that is on the way. I'm pumped for it! It was also pretty affordable. I got it for less than $60 (incl. shipping) and it is complete.

Aside from that I own some other Japanese titles that are not actually that rare, and a bunch of US titles. I'm far from done collecting for the Dreamcast. It's my favorite console to collect for! In fact, it's the only one I take so seriously!
BnGamesReviews
blackout!
Dreamcast Games you play Online: PSO

Post by BnGamesReviews »

Not necessarily the most valuable parts of the collection, but noteworthy

1. SNES MegaMan X 3

2. Tekkōki Mikazuki Trial Edition (Did a video about it)

3. BLAZE Dc Twin Stick Mini. I know some people are critical of this thing, but I love it. Will be modding it with a full Sawna suite soon. I also have the PS1/PS2 version which is a piece of garbage.
jalvarez82
MicroMidget

Post by jalvarez82 »

bcaulf wrote:2. Zero Gunner 2: One of the import titles on the mildly-rare side (I think I purchased it for around $70), but it is one of the BEST imports you can get for the console, and I'm sure most people who own this game will agree. It's still one of my favorite games on the console, and you really can't put a price on this game. It's fantastic.

Congrats! This game is high on my 'want' list. Excellent shmup all the way through. Too bad it's so damn expensive right now.
bcaulf
shadow

Post by bcaulf »

jalvarez82 wrote:Congrats! This game is high on my 'want' list. Excellent shmup all the way through. Too bad it's so damn expensive right now.

I'm sure it was expensive when I got it 3 years ago as it is now, I would say I got lucky. I did look on eBay to see what the prices are on it now. There is one copy on auction right now on eBay currently at $44 and coming from Germany. I would expect it to get quite a bit higher but see if you can snipe it, it'll be worth it. I would pay anything for this game if I didn't own it now...unless it was TOO unreasonable ;)
proxxshot
photon blast

Post by proxxshot »

1. Sonic Adventure Limited Edition (Complete)
2. Beta GD-R's
3. Demo CD's (Dead or Alive 2, Demolition Racer, Rush 2049)
Cornerb0y
stalker
Dreamcast Games you play Online: AFO/Chu Chu Rocket/Daytona/F355/Ooga Booga/Worms

Post by Cornerb0y »

Cornerb0y wrote:Here are my 3 games:

1. Illbleed
2. Marvel vs. Capcom 2
3. Capcom vs. SNK 2 (MINTY AS HELL paid $10 for it)

Time To redo my list!

1. Shenmue II (PAL)
2. Capcom vs. SNK 2 (MINTY AS HELL paid $10 for it)
3. Street Fighter III: 3rd Strike
seadart
lithium
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None yet.

Post by seadart »

These are in no particular order:
1. Saturn Twin Stick
2. Headhunter
3. DC-X Import Disc
Torque
undertow

Post by Torque »

Mine are:

1. A US Dreamcast with region free mod chip and blue led light. Thinking about doing the VGA mod on it as well.
2. Blaze Twin Arcade Stick for DC (the full size one, very rare to see)
3. Mad Catz Panther DC (for Quake3 and UT)
Novus
rebel
Dreamcast Games you play Online: None

Post by Novus »

I collect and keep only the stuff I plan to use, so I don't have any sealed games or anything. But the things I value most are:

1. Complete, like-new copy of Grandia II w/full-color manual and bonus soundtrack CD
2. Complete, like-new Typing of the Dead w/2 keyboards
3. Skies of Arcadia