Dreamcastnews' Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Re: Dreamcast News collection

Post#11 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:34 pm

Yeah that pinky one is rather nice! Did you pick up the Millennium series Pink Controller to go with it?

But of course! That and a pink VMU to match. Which reminds me, I gotta post these on my collection thread :D
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Post#12 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 4:54 pm

Really impressive, especially the cases! I see you bought stuff from dreamcasting (PSO bundle).

But what is this? A lightscribed WL? :D

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#13 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:05 pm

Yes indeed! That PSO box came from Dreamcasting, I put my PAL versions in there, I thought the best way to have Flintstones was to lightscribe the White Label haha! I'll get a mock PAL version done soon I think....

I need to get me one of those pink controllers for mine, the red one is a shade too dark.
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:18 pm

I need to get me one of those pink controllers for mine, the red one is a shade too dark.

Correct!

Real slick DC collection. Do you primarily focus on PAL releases? It seems from the pics that your library is PAL by majority

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#15 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:29 pm

CD AGES wrote:Do you primarily focus on PAL releases? It seems from the pics that your library is PAL by majority

Yes indeed! It's easier to start with titles from here that I was able to pick up whilst working in retail, then I started wanting the games only released in the USA or Japan as well, I usually steer clear of games that are the same but different regions except maybe US games with SegaNet play...

I currently have 318 DC games but most of these are PAL there's so many Japanese ones for me to discover! Haha.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#16 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:32 pm

What about games that are VGA friendly exclusively in other regions, Like SOA for example?

Also, do all your tranparent shells house actual hardware or are they empty? I can't tell from the pics.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#17 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:54 pm

CD AGES wrote:What about games that are VGA friendly exclusively in other regions, Like SOA for example?

Ah, see now I was never really bothered about that.... I usually play the recent releases or Crazy Taxi on mine which all have VGA support :)

CD AGES wrote:Also, do all your tranparent shells house actual hardware or are they empty? I can't tell from the pics.

Yes indeed there is a PAL machine in each of them, I have also 10 or so white backups, I make a point of buying joblots of suspected faulty machines from eBay sellers and save them from an uncertain fate, most of the time they aren't faulty anyway!

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#18 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:57 pm

Yes indeed there is a PAL machine in each of them, I have also 10 or so white backups, I make a point of buying joblots of suspected faulty machines from eBay sellers and save them from an uncertain fate, most of the time they aren't faulty anyway!

I know exactly what you mean! ;)

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#19 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 8:41 pm

Wow! It's a feat to fit all that crap in a single room, let alone own it! Great collection, especially on some of those boxsets. I've never seen a sealed Shenmue, not even online.

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#20 » Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:12 am

I know! It does take up rather a lot of room! But I couldn't think of anything else to put there, I also have 150+ games for Xbox and GameCube each and around 200 PS2, 160 Megadrive around 100 Saturn, 50+ Mega CD, 15 32X, 20 Jaguar and a shit tonne of 360 and Wii games!