DarkSynbios Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderator: mazonemayu

User avatar
CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Posts: 2297
Contact:

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#11 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:21 pm

Not really. doesn't look the part of a portable device lol! Perhaps if it was a bit more compact.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Posts: 888

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#12 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:35 pm

CD AGES wrote:Not really. doesn't look the part of a portable device lol! Perhaps if it was a bit more compact.

Ah, but it could've been some kind of hub or something. This is SEGA 10 years ago we're talking about you know. Quirky things happened back then... ^^
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

User avatar
DarkSynbios
chill
Posts: 308
Contact:

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#13 » Mon May 28, 2012 6:47 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:
CD AGES wrote:Not really. doesn't look the part of a portable device lol! Perhaps if it was a bit more compact.

Ah, but it could've been some kind of hub or something. This is SEGA 10 years ago we're talking about you know. Quirky things happened back then... ^^

Indeed!!

User avatar
dark
Resident Evil
Posts: 1711

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#14 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:23 pm

On the topic of tricking people and fictitious dreamcast hardware...

Do you guys want to see a picture of my "Dreamcast 2"? I'm dead serious, I "built" one back around 2002, by putting the guts from a DC haphazardly into a new case. I don't even really remember why I did it, I guess I was pretty bored as a teenager.

User avatar
elmagicochrisg
Metallic
Posts: 888

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#15 » Mon May 28, 2012 8:35 pm

dark wrote:On the topic of tricking people and fictitious dreamcast hardware...

Do you guys want to see a picture of my "Dreamcast 2"? I'm dead serious, I "built" one back around 2002, by putting the guts from a DC haphazardly into a new case. I don't even really remember why I did it, I guess I was pretty bored as a teenager.

Oh come on, don't make us ask for it.

Talking about the picture of course...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

User avatar
Alec1382
Vagabond
Posts: 723

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#16 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:21 pm

elmagicochrisg wrote:This is SEGA 10 years ago we're talking about you know. Quirky things happened back then... ^^


Looks a bit modern to be actual DC hardware IMO.

dark wrote:Do you guys want to see a picture of my "Dreamcast 2"?


Of course!

User avatar
CD AGES
Shark Patrol
Posts: 2297
Contact:

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#17 » Mon May 28, 2012 10:29 pm

Looks a bit modern to be actual DC hardware IMO


My thoughts exactly.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

User avatar
dark
Resident Evil
Posts: 1711

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#18 » Mon May 28, 2012 11:22 pm

DS sorry to semi hijack your thread, but I really didn't feel this warranted a completely new thread creation.

Presenting the Dreamcast 2. As imagined and constructed by myself 10 years ago. It plays original dreamcast games, and uses original dreamcast controllers... and doesn't really do much else since it's just a DC in a different case.

Image
There is probably a significant risk of electric shock, the entire case is metal.

Image
The power button on the front right actually works.

Image
You have to slide the top of the case entirely off to place a game on the spindle, but then you can put the case back on and everything works.

User avatar
Alec1382
Vagabond
Posts: 723

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#19 » Tue May 29, 2012 12:07 am

Looks like an old floppy drive. Yep, this is definitely the product of boredom. :)

User avatar
pressure
Anarki
Posts: 86
Contact:

Re: DarkSynbios Collection

Post#20 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:58 am

great collection!

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “Member Collections”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users