CD AGES' Collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

CD AGES' Collection

Post#1 » Sat May 26, 2012 5:18 pm

The long wait for my collection update has finally come. Still have a few things that need to displayed. Will get to eventually (hopefully). But all in all, this is a major piece of my collection. Stay tuned for more updates and thanks for checking out my stuff.

The oldest DC I own and my go to console for fighters and NAOMI ports. Still works perfect to this very day. Good friend of mine did a VGA mod on it for fun. 2nd copy of MvC2 and D-Direct Capcom VMU shown.

Official Sega refurb model unit. Purchased complete with refurb package box as well.

Two JPN units. One of them I got for free at a previous job. After given that JPN DC, I got a bit more serious about importing software.

Two black Sega Sports Units. Had a third, but recently sold it to a friend.

Custom paint job DC I purchased off ebay while back. A few months later, major DC aficionado Adam Koralik, posted a near identical custom model on his pupular You Tube channel. Though he lacks the custom controller for it.

Complete Treamcast black model unit. REAL thankful for the opportunity to add this piece of hardware to my collection.

Dreamcast with a 3rd party blue case shell. Got it through a trade from a friend for two Dreamcast models including a Rev0 unit (I still have plenty though). 2nd copy of KOF 00 in the driver, Pelican blue 4X MU and official JPN M2000 controller shown.

Another DC with 3rd party shell, but pink. Purchased a LONG time ago for cheap. KOF 02 in the driver, official pink VMU and JPN M2000 controller shown.

DC unit with official clear top shell. Also shown are official clear mini keyboard, mini mouse, Seaman clear VMU and Performance clear VGA box.

Brand new Dreamacast "the ultimate gaming system" that i found for $55 at a store back in 05. It appears to be a model 1 unit with a manufacture date of April 2001, made in Indonesia.

Sega Smashpack bundle unit. This one is technically incomplete as it's missing the outer box sleeve. As a result...

...I had too buy a fully complete bundle years later. Got this one brand new not too long ago. Did open it though.

Sega Sports bundle unit. Complete with all software and materials.

Launch DC unit CIB. I currently own 2 that are complete.

4 Standard US Dreamcast Units. All 4 shown were were purchased "AS-IS" defective units. All 4 have been repaired by yours truly.

DC dust covers blue and orange swirl. Shout out to Daytona over at assembler for the orange one. 2 pre-owned recently salvaged DC consoles are inside each of these covers. They are safe now. <3

ACCESSORIES
The good ol' reliable Official Sega Dreamcast "Agetec" Arcade stick.

One of the more obscure accesories out there for the DC. The "DC Gamermate" stick is simply a re-branded JPN Virtua Stick with an internal Saturn to DC converter, so the stick can actually be used on both platforms.

Standard pre-owned white and Sega Sports black controllers. i have a ton of the former lying around the house.

Transparent US colored controllers and some VMUs. YES I own the official green VMU, but the performance one is very significant to me as it is the first Dreamcast item i ever purchased... even before my first console. $7 at a Wal-Mart. That was the beginning.

A slew of DC accessories. New MCZ controller, Performance Jump pak CIB, Official SEGA fishing rod, and two NYKO Hyper Pak 4X memory cards. Placed an official Jump Pak for comparison.

4 brand new controller extension cables. I have plenty pre-owned ones as well which are frequently used. Also shown is a pre-owned Ascii FT pad and a brand new Ascii FT pad SNK variant.

2 Mice, and 3 Keyboards all CIB. The one on top is the SegaNet variant which was given to subscribers for said service back in the day.

Various iterations of the wonderful VGA cable/box from the Official one to various 3rd party versions. I make ample use of these on the daily.

Pair of MCZ light guns with a copy HotD2. Officially licensed product and easily the best light gun released in the states for the system.

Found this badboy recently for a sweet deal and in amazing condition! The SRC BIO gun. Proceeded with caution on this purchase as the reputation for this gun is somewhat of a mixed bag. Mine luckily works amazingly well. Superb calibration, aiming, and has excellent weight to it as well as built in rumble. This gun has THE fastest Auto-Fire of any gun i've ever used on this or any system quite frankly. It's crazy! :shock:

Import House Of the Dead 2 bundle with Official DC Light Gun.

Official Sega "Dreamcast VS Link Cable"

Samba De Amigo Maracas. AMIGO!!!

Dreameye Camera CIB. Big thanks to Dreamcastgaga for such an amazing deal on it!

Since I have many Dreamcast systems and VGA cables for it. I suppose its only natural for me to have a few monitors to make use of them. This is one of the monitors I use on a regular. It's def not my main but the picture quality on this one is one of my favorites.

GAMES
Some factory sealed US dreamcast software.

Personal favorites shown here are V-Rally, Re-volt, Hydro, Suzuki Racing, Flag2Flag, NBA Showtime.

Favorites shown are VOOT, MVC 1 and 2, Dynamite Cop (IMO the greatest BeatEmUp ever made), Soul and SF3 Dbl Impact (here's hoping noise still has his copy).

Favorites shown here are Gunbird 2, Expendable, Berserk, Rayman 2, Bust a Move 4, and one of my newer purchases, Wetrix is a game I seriously love playing.

Personal Favorites shown are Confidential Mission, RE2 and 3, Illbleed, SOA, Mars Matrix.

A majority of what's shown here I play ALOT on my Dreamcast(s).

Some sports games.

Racers. A genre I feel the system does quite well. TXR2, Demolition, Surf Rocket and Daytona USA are just some of my favorites.

All 17 SAS releases. Placed in the most logical order: THPS (only 3rd party SAS outside of the Capcom/Midway ranks), PS2 and MVC (only Capcom titles to earn SAS status), Hydro, R2R and Blitz 2000 (From Midway camp), HotD2, Sega Bass, Sonic, Crazy Taxi and Tennis (Sega SAS non "Sega Sports" releases. NOTE: don't count Tennis seeing as its part of the small "Sega Sports Arcade" subseries!). And finally NBA2K1/2K, WSB2K1, NHL2K, NFL 2K/2K. Perhaps the only person here who loves SAS variants :oops:

The only two US microphone bundled games.

My PAL Dreamcast set. Don't look to expand my PAL collection any further. MVC and Rush 2049 were purchased quite recently and are Factory Sealed.

DC import. My SNK/KOF set. For a company that was in the brink of collapse, they sure showed their support for the system. KOF 02 FTW! :mrgreen:

DC import. Standard GGX release and 1 of 4 special edition "Type" variants. I seem to own "Type B" by the looks of the mini disc shown.

DC import. My humble DC shmups (DVD style shmups not shown). Is it just me or was anyone else here bummed out that Sturmwind didn't get packaged with a spine card? :(

DC import. A near complete set of Capcom's FMS/D-Direct released games. Only game I'm missing is Zero 3 Saikyo-Ryu Dojo FMS.

DVD box style DC games. Mostly homebrew. Did the best i could to get that SF3: TT box to look as good as possible. A really nifty compilation.

I Love RE: CV. Favorite in the entire franchise right next to 2. Such wonderful memories. Recently got Kanzenban as i refused to play X on any other console that wasn't Dreamcast. Beat it in one sitting. So good finally seeing that additional content and story to the game which I deprived myself of for SO long!

PROMO MATERIALS
ODCM issues 1 thru 6.

ODCM issues 7 thru 12.

Dreamcast feature issue of Retro Gamer Mag and EGM extensive Pre-launch Dreamcast Issue.

2 Issues of Unofficial DCM. I'm currently looking to complete the set. Unfortunately i have no idea how long the magazine went in publication for :?

Some of my strategy guides for the system.

More DC oddities. Looks like I own 2 copies of the EGM pre-puanch feature. Looks like my official checklist hasn't been updated in a while.

one of the few items of Dream Point Bank rewards program in Japan. A pair of VMU cases. Packing materials included.

SegaNet Store Advertisment.

Capcom launch lineup Store Advertisement. It decks out my wall these days 8)

While not completely Dreamcast related, I simply adore the systems connection with SEGA NAOMI tech. Two official promo pamphlets for SEGA NAOMI titles alongside their respective DC conversions. Sorry for the bad angle.

Skies of Arcadia Store Advertisement. Perhaps one of my most prized DC related possessions, My baby niece gets super excited trying to reach for this framed poster every time she sees it when carrying her around my game room.
Attachments
IMG_20120606_182758.jpg
From Left to Right: CvS Pro, GGX, CvS1, Moero Justice Gauken, MvC2, DOA2, Fighting Vipers2, CvS2, Power Stone2 and 3rd Strike.
IMG_20120526_015112.jpg
All brand NEW DC controllers and VMU's that I purchased while the console was vanishing for the mass retail shelves back in 02/03 in my area. Got controllers from various retailers and vendors for about $4-$6 each. I know i have some new yellow VMU's but i can't seem to find them at the moment.
Last edited by CD AGES on Mon Aug 05, 2013 12:45 pm, edited 11 times in total.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Re: CD AGES SEGA DC Collection...

Post#2 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Wilsooon !!! :lol:

Too bad the Blaze Twin Stick is shit. Still don't have that one. Shipping always kills the deal when one pops up. As for the bad parts, maybe you can switch them with arcade parts? Or are the buttons smaller than regular arcade buttons?...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

pcwzrd13
Seen Any Sailors?

Post#3 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:26 pm

Very nice CD! How is that Topway controller by the way?
PSO Characters:
Teal'c - lvl 119 HUcast - GC# 11666
Alto - lvl 39 FOnewm - GC# 12964

YouTube Channel : Dreamcast Live

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#4 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:31 pm

Awesome collection! It's a bit jarring to see some of those SAS versions, since you have several I've never seen before. PS and MvC seem to look strange to me, with those black/orange highlights.

I'm jealous of your magazine collection! Do you have the demos as well?

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#5 » Sat May 26, 2012 6:53 pm

As for the bad parts, maybe you can switch them with arcade parts? Or are the buttons smaller than regular arcade buttons?...

Yup! this is a mini version so the buttons are considerably smaller. I know Blaze released a standard size dual arcade stick...

Very nice CD! How is that Topway controller by the way?

Thanks. That controller is very interesting. Extra face buttons are unfortunately for slow and turbo as opposed to C and Z buttons :(
The default face buttons are Really nice (they have a more solid feel to them when pressed) and the Thumbstick feels VERY improved overall. What kills this controller for me is the crappy Dpad. They modified it from the Sega original. Dpad has an awkward concave design so inputs feel off and the edges of the crosspad feel painfully sharp do to its redesign choice.

Awesome collection! It's a bit jarring to see some of those SAS versions, since you have several I've never seen before. PS and MvC seem to look strange to me, with those black/orange highlights.

I'm jealous of your magazine collection! Do you have the demos as well?

I'm perhaps one of the few that have been outspoken with my love for SAS boxart design. The orange spine matches plenty of Sega first party boxart for their JPN releases and the black highlight is something that I just love as it matches the boxart redesign used for later US DC games. I just hate the white design on the early DC software (although there some exceptions to the rule with certain games. Virtua Striker, Magnetic Neo and Soul Calibur come to mind!). No, I only have about 4 demo discs which i've found or purchased separately.

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#6 » Sat May 26, 2012 7:36 pm

Wow, that's a lot of sega sports controllers! Do you have a sega sports DC? Also, where are all your non SAS USA games??? That DC twin joystick caught my eye in the picture, sorry to read it's a piece of junk.

And what do you mean you've reached your limit with the system? That you've acquired all the games you'd ever want to play on it? Or that you're completely bored of the system/games? If the former, cool, you've probably finished your collection, congrats! If the latter, you probably just have collectors blues ;) Just take a complete break from DC gaming and buying for several months/year, you'll come back to appreciating your collection later on.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:07 pm

Wow, that's a lot of sega sports controllers! Do you have a sega sports DC? Also, where are all your non SAS USA games??? That DC twin joystick caught my eye in the picture, sorry to read it's a piece of junk.

And what do you mean you've reached your limit with the system? That you've acquired all the games you'd ever want to play on it? Or that you're completely bored of the system/games? If the former, cool, you've probably finished your collection, congrats! If the latter, you probably just have collectors blues Just take a complete break from DC gaming and buying for several months/year, you'll come back to appreciating your collection later on.

Yes I have A Sega Sports console for each controller pictured lol! Read my first post again. It explains why I have yet to post the bulk of my DC games, Update as soon as i can get everything together. Its OK, I knew what i was getting into when i purchased it. Blaze doesn't exactly exhume quality :lol:

Correct! Its the former reason. I still enjoy playing Dreamcast games (I play them every day!) I've just stretched my game list as long as i can and I don't regret it one bit. Thanks to a bit knowledge that's been shared among all of us here, I've discovered some really enjoyable games that i perhaps would've ignored (Wetrix+, Re-Volt, Centipede etc etc). With that said, I've reached a point where I can't really warrant buying any other Dreamcast games that can be purchase under a small budget...

Neohound
Gold Lion

Post#8 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:16 pm

I've been wanting to see your SAS collection for (CD)AGES !! Very nice 8-)

Tbh, I had no idea you had so many imported games. I know what you mean about appreciating them for their boxart etc There are a few Japanese games I purchased solely for this reason :)

All in all it's a great collection which you are rightly proud of. I especially liked to read about your intentions to keep the Dreamcast love flowing through the family generations ! That's really cool and just shows your dedication to keeping the Dream alive.

If that is the end of your collecting, then so be it, but you're a really talented gamer and a great poster here, so I'd hate to see you leave the scene altogether.

Edit: Anyway, you just beat me to the post (not difficult lol), and it seems you are still continuing with your DC gaming for the foreseeable future :)

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#9 » Sat May 26, 2012 8:23 pm

Obviously it is not the end of your DC collecting, however ;) As I know you've put in the money for Redux, and how could you pass up such a fine looking game as Sturmwind? And when all is said and done, you really ought to have Gunlord too, to fill in that genre hole in the DC game library with the only DC 2d side scrolling platformer ;)

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sat May 26, 2012 9:41 pm

@Neohound:

LOL! good one!

Yeah, Alot of the DC JPN releases have such impressive artwork over their US, PAL counterparts. They are so hard to ignore!

Yeah, It hurts when I babble about a Dreamcast related topic amongst a family get together and someone has no to clue what i'm talking about! That has to change :D

Thank you for the kind words Neo! It means a great deal from one DC fan to another.

@dark:

Yes perhaps you have a point! But its funny you should mention my support for Redux with a monetary pledge, because i been seriously considering to take back my money after they diabolically announced their "Stretch Goals" right after reaching their goal of 25K. I wasn't too fond on how they went about this! I could care less that they are riding the fate of this game solely on the Dremacast community. But such an important proposal of having X product with X amount of content dependent on X amount of money. I don't dig it.
There are 12 days left for this kickstarter project and over 37K on the table. Its def in the realm of possibilities to reach (or not) their first stretch goal of 40K for an additional ship. But i just don't see the game getting an addition level for an absurd amount of money. This isn't even a new IP! its merely an update to a 2009 release. It shouldn't require SO much money to add these "desired" features!