Laurent C dreamcast collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Loloretro
chill

Re: Laurent C dreamcast collection

Post#241 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 6:50 am

Treamcaster wrote:Greetings Laurent,

I would like to share this piece of information I found on supplement of a Portuguese (EU) video game magazine called "Mega Score" dated back from February 2001, being written in January most likely.

From the page 5-7 there's an article dedicated to PSO. The magazine reviewer was very mad because SEGA sent him the pink gd-rom late. He seems surprised with the color of the cd, which is a clear indication that it wasn't common back then. He also refers that the e-mail he received with the "password" (SNAK, I assume?) to login online with, had already expired by the end of the day, so he couldn't review the online mode. Seems to me this pink gd-rom was commonly sent to magazines for review purposes and is the same as the one your gracefully shared with the community.

Here's the link to the magazine scan for reference:
https://ia902505.us.archive.org/29/item ... nsolas.pdf

great information, thanks very much

Treamcaster
fire

Post#242 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:16 pm

The pleasure is all mine. Oh and by the way, in the other day I found these PAL PSO Promo items on a google search, did you know about them?

Loloretro
chill

Post#243 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 11:44 am

Alpha on Dreamcast doesn't tell you anything?

That's normal, this Kalisto Unreleased had never been officially announced!

The Lead Artist of the project accepted to answer my questions, her story tells us more about the game and its development.

In addition to all this precious information, she shares with us some Artworks from her archives.

Thanks to her.

You can discover the Alpha and Totem file and admire some illustrations below:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... me-kalisto

Loloretro
chill

Post#244 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 5:58 am

Treamcaster wrote:The pleasure is all mine. Oh and by the way, in the other day I found these PAL PSO Promo items on a google search, did you know about them?

This is promotional material used in shops at the time

Loloretro
chill

Post#245 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:15 pm

Release of an amazing prototype for Headhunter Dreamcast, like the one for Shenmue 2 Game Jam. The In Game part dates from 3 months before the final version, the Cutscenes from 7 months before.

Amuze developers talk about the game behind the scenes. I would like to thank the former Swedish employees of the Amuze development studio for agreeing to answer my questions in order to write this article/release.

Their testimonies provide new information about the game. The story of the creation of Headhunter is fascinating!

I also thank Johan Lindth for sharing this archive with us.

If you want to learn more about the title and if you want to download the prototype, it is here:
https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... ze-history

Loloretro
chill

Post#246 » Fri Dec 23, 2022 4:02 am

Who has the skills to make an online prototype work and especially to understand how to use a server application (tool)?

I feel like sending a message, like a game master, to all the people connected to the game. The server application would allow it :)

I am sure that this prototype has online specific developer functionality.

One disturbing point, I can't release it but just talk about it. So the work to make the prototype online does not necessarily serve the community, only the research ....

Loloretro
chill

Post#247 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 10:19 am

@pix_preserve shares with us the contents of its Dreamcast Katana Development Kit used by Rage Software.

-A partially playable version of UEFA Striker Dreamcast
-Incomplete source code for the PSX version of Striker

This incomplete source code will allow, perhaps, to recover it entirely thanks to the Debug symbols. It's a lot of work.

Thanks also to @LemonHaze420_ for the source code check.

It's not a big thing, it will be our Christmas present.

To download here:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... -dreamcast

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#248 » Sun Dec 25, 2022 6:34 pm

Thank you very much Lolo :-)

Loloretro
chill

Post#249 » Sat Dec 31, 2022 6:05 pm

The history of the French development studio No Cliché and its Dreamcast games with original concepts, from Toy Commander to Agartha... without forgetting Toy Racer.

Several Dreamcast prototypes of Toy Commander and Toy Racer are analysed and preserved, some of which are available for free download (an amazing discovery in a prototype).

Some former members of No Cliché tell us more about the history of the Lyon-based company and the development of its three games, sharing with us several sketches and photos.

I would like to thank them again for their kindness, for their testimony and for having trusted me by sending me some photos and several sketches.

I would also like to thank all the other members of the studio for the work done on the Dreamcast and for having made us dream over twenty years ago. Time is passing so fast!

Have a good read and my best wishes for 2023! I wish you a excellent year!

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... -toy-racer

Loloretro
chill

Post#250 » Sun Jan 01, 2023 10:43 am

The "Sega Dreamcast Info" website's retrospective of major prototype releases for the year 2022:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... e-releases