Laurent C dreamcast collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

Loloretro
chill

Re: Laurent C dreamcast collection

Post#271 » Mon May 01, 2023 2:22 am

colgate wrote:This is so cool, I'd love to hear what Gary has to say about the echelon file.

He told me that he had to keep some mystery for Sega Smash Pack :)

Loloretro
chill

Post#272 » Wed May 03, 2023 9:41 am

Today, I offer you a new prototype for AM2's Unreleased Dreamcast game, Propeller Arena. It dates from August 20th 2001, about 1 month before the version we consider as final.

When the wheels of Crazy Taxi cabs become the wings of Propeller Arena planes.

You can download it, along with 3 other builds of the game, below:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... t-download

kfded
shadow

Post#273 » Mon May 08, 2023 12:41 am

im so jealous

Loloretro
chill

Post#274 » Sun May 28, 2023 6:37 am

Introducing 2 new protypes for Red Dog Dreamcast including a build dated 8 months before the final version. Two of RD's programmers, Matt Godbolt and Matthew Porter, tell us about the history and behind the scenes of the game.

I'd like to thank them. Their testimonies allow us to go back in time to the development of Red Dog Dreamcast.

If you're not familiar with this game developed by Argonaut Games, now is the time to discover it and test its prototypes:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... totype-iso

Loloretro
chill

Post#275 » Thu Jun 01, 2023 2:29 am

Three new prototypes of Crazy Taxi 2 have been preserved and archived. In one of the builds, a Debug Menu allows you to modify the view as you wish. If you don't know Crazy GTAxi 2 yet, it's time to discover it.

Have fun with this new Crazy Taxi 2 Dreamcast prototype, ideal for taking great photos or making cool videos. Changing the view lets you discover the game from a new angle.

To download and read below:

https://www.sega-dreamcast-info-games-p ... pe-iso-gdi

Loloretro
chill

Post#276 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 11:35 am

Release of a tool for the Dreamcast called "Playlog Editor", dated June 11, 1999. It shows you everything that was supposed to be in the flash in the form of game logs (how many times you loaded and saved, etc.).

Download at the bottom of this page:

https://www.sega-dreamcast-info-games-p ... -dreamcast

colgate
Doom

Post#277 » Sun Jun 04, 2023 6:46 pm

That's interesting, wonder what Sega used it for exactly.

Loloretro
chill

Post#278 » Mon Jun 05, 2023 3:08 am

colgate wrote:That's interesting, wonder what Sega used it for exactly.

maybe that's the reason :

https://pomegd.hatenablog.com/entry/2023/05/17/200000

SMiTH
Black Mesa

Post#279 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 12:43 am

i think i added the playlog editor 1.1 to dreamapp?
afaik it was on one of the sdk's?
isn't there another app to modify flash data that was from the software team that made toy racer?
you posted it a while back, maybe that would allow you to edit other data stored in flash outside of play history?

maybe there is a way to modify the play history for dreamlibrary to then allow the pc engine/genesis emulators to run as full versions?
when the service was online, it possibly used this function to check for purchased content? idk?
or maybe it was only tied to an online isao account? or w/e account types they used with dreampassport in japan?

its still interesting that play history stored in flash was used for dreamcast.
i doubt many even knew this was a thing..
its new to me.

i wonder what type of data is stored in flash for online games?
other than serial access keys for pso...
there is probably some interesting stuff?

couldn't you use a shared serial for pso then once saved to flash, edit the serial with playlog editor?
this might allow you to make a "legit" serial that is unique but actually wouldn't work if you tried to enter it in game?
probably some checksum bs would stop this from working but maybe not?
i'm betting its all stored in another area of flash and has nothing to do with playlog.

doesn't daytona use a keyfile? does it store in flash as well?
max pool uses a save file for dns, i wonder if that could be modified with playlog editor?
maybe some unused functions could be enabled in flash for settings as well?
i'm ranting here sry lol

i'm sure you guys know about all of this stuff already.
it would still be cool to find out all of the different things stored in flash for certain games etc.

Loloretro
chill

Post#280 » Tue Jun 06, 2023 3:15 am

SMiTH wrote:i think i added the playlog editor 1.1 to dreamapp?
afaik it was on one of the sdk's?
isn't there another app to modify flash data that was from the software team that made toy racer?
you posted it a while back, maybe that would allow you to edit other data stored in flash outside of play history?

maybe there is a way to modify the play history for dreamlibrary to then allow the pc engine/genesis emulators to run as full versions?
when the service was online, it possibly used this function to check for purchased content? idk?
or maybe it was only tied to an online isao account? or w/e account types they used with dreampassport in japan?

its still interesting that play history stored in flash was used for dreamcast.
i doubt many even knew this was a thing..
its new to me.

i wonder what type of data is stored in flash for online games?
other than serial access keys for pso...
there is probably some interesting stuff?

couldn't you use a shared serial for pso then once saved to flash, edit the serial with playlog editor?
this might allow you to make a "legit" serial that is unique but actually wouldn't work if you tried to enter it in game?
probably some checksum bs would stop this from working but maybe not?
i'm betting its all stored in another area of flash and has nothing to do with playlog.

doesn't daytona use a keyfile? does it store in flash as well?
max pool uses a save file for dns, i wonder if that could be modified with playlog editor?
maybe some unused functions could be enabled in flash for settings as well?
i'm ranting here sry lol

i'm sure you guys know about all of this stuff already.
it would still be cool to find out all of the different things stored in flash for certain games etc.

I don't know anything about it.

You need to do some tests:)