Laurent C dreamcast collection

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

mstar
Doom

Re: Laurent C dreamcast collection

Post#31 » Mon May 17, 2021 11:37 am

Loloretro wrote:Release of CRAZY TAXI V1.000 1998/09/16 (to check)

-6 different cameras
-Free camera
-Bug, missing textures
-Big differences present in games

A phenomenal build, a mix in US and JP !!!

To read more and play it:

https://www.sega-dreamcast-info-games-p ... -dreamcast

Checked the page, in the future you may want to link to the English version of the page directly, as it's easy to miss that there, in fact, is a translation available :)

The intro cutscene is buggy. The bugs also appear while playing (on the emulator, they are less present). There are problems with the late display of the decorations, the textures that are missing.

I noticed that, during play, my Dreamcast VA0 can't seem to keep up loading textures with the PAL version of Crazy Taxi - once it happens, it usually stays that way. Most of the time, the street is missing, which - while hilarious - is pretty annoying.

The reason i mention this is that it looks pretty similar to the screenshot on the site from the intro, but happening during the game.

What i've noticed is that the NTSC-J copy of Crazy Taxi (both regular release versions, not sure how one could pin the actual version being played "from the outside") does not exhibit this behaviour.

Loloretro
chill

Post#32 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:48 pm

I can't think of everything. I think I put the option so that the browser is translated according to the language.

I must improve, I take note thank you.

mstar
Doom

Post#33 » Mon May 17, 2021 12:50 pm

Loloretro wrote:I can't think of everything. I think I put the option so that the browser is translated according to the language.

I'm sorry if my post before has offended you, it certainly wasn't meant that way - more like a heads up :D

mistamontiel
Shark Patrol

Post#34 » Mon May 17, 2021 1:44 pm

I've just tried with SD>serial and not budge! I tried the top-left most loader still black screen of death does this work serial

Loloretro
chill

Post#35 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:10 pm

mistamontiel wrote:I've just tried with SD>serial and not budge! I tried the top-left most loader still black screen of death does this work serial

It does not work via SD card and dreamshell. I wanted to play it like this to do my tests and preserve the record, but I couldn't.

Loloretro
chill

Post#36 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:12 pm

mstar wrote:
Loloretro wrote:I can't think of everything. I think I put the option so that the browser is translated according to the language.

I'm sorry if my post before has offended you, it certainly wasn't meant that way - more like a heads up :D

No you didn't offend me don't worry :)

If I can improve myself, it's always good to take.

fafadou
Gold Lion

Post#37 » Mon May 17, 2021 3:41 pm

The game run perfectly with dreamshell and HDD mod.
Except the corridor like the issue @Loloretro explained.
I didn't try with the sd mod, there were some update, so who knows....

Loloretro
chill

Post#38 » Fri May 21, 2021 7:01 am

It's not dreamcast, but it's still about Sega, especially French TV commercials from the 90s.

One of the biggest projects I have done in my life as a preservationist collector :

"A year ago, I created the "Sega Dreamcast Info" site to store all my photo and video archiving work of the Sega Megadrive "Sega is stronger than you" advertisements from the early nineties.

The project will have been expensive. It cost about 13,000 E. It had to be done, it had to be.

There was ready 2:30 in video of rushes (making of) from the 35 mm reels. I also had fun putting together the original commercials with the footage in my possession.

You will find around 50 videos in HD (2K) and 200 photos on my site and my Youtube channel.

The site specially designed for my project to digitize the reels of "Master Sega" will have evolved well in the space of 363 days.

Sega Dreamcast Info and the release of the Sega Megadrive ads in good quality celebrate its first year.
Happy Birthday.

To read and see my entire project, go here:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... QAXyjRJ7ss

Loloretro
chill

Post#39 » Mon May 24, 2021 6:10 am

RESIDENT EVIL CODE VERONICA V1.000 2000/02/23 (to check)

I didn't see anything special, maybe I missed something.

You can download it here (with a "NEW" behind the game)

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... es-au-site

Loloretro
chill

Post#40 » Tue May 25, 2021 3:28 am

Release of VIRTUAL ON V0.800 1999.12.09

Build JP/US with the particularity of being fully translated into English. The main interest of the prototype is its "Cable Versus" mode still implemented while it has disappeared from the us version.

Once again, a great find !!!

Note that Activision was not yet at the origin of the port

For the article and download the game, it's here:

https://en.sega-dreamcast-info-games-pr ... -prototype