My goal to collect a full NTSC library!!

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

S2k9k
noob

My goal to collect a full NTSC library!!

Post#1 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:11 pm

Hi all. New here. I been collecting for years on all consoles. This year I have set a goal to finish finally my Wii U collection and start the quest to find all Dreamcast NTSC games. I’ll try to update as much as possible as I find games. If you guys know anyone selling bundles let me know :mrgreen:

New Years Eve: I get a call from a guy who I messaged 2 weeks prior about a Brand New Mario Maker Wii U system and CIB Dreamcast system. He tells me he is ready to sell them and if I’d be interested in a pile of games for the Dreamcast too. Says he wants $50 more. Turns out he had 18 games for the system and some accessories!!! I end up buying everything for $350.

The very next day I go to my local store and trade in a bunch of Wii games in to trade towards some heavy/mid tier games. This is when I decide to take on the task of going with a complete library! Can’t wait to see where this goes!
Attachments
8A60E157-28A9-47B7-8CD2-A7DAC8B51F21.jpeg
9C5629E6-10F3-427E-A071-78828BD87B21.jpeg

dark
Shark Patrol

Re: My goal to collect a full NTSC library!!

Post#2 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:51 pm

Wow that's a great start to a DC collection. Going by ebay prices, there's a few games in there, which by themselves, regularly go for $50 and up.

I'm just getting interested in the Wii U myself, neat underappreciated console.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:02 pm

Dreamcast is trash! The real gem here is that Double Dare LCD handheld! :roll:

But in all seriousness, great score! Some amazing games and accessories there! Are you into online gaming at all? If so you might want to look into the DreamPi since it is a device that converts your modern broadband connection into signals the dial up modem on the console can understand. Also over 20 online games have been resurrected that were previously dead for over a decade and a half. So there are a ton of fun games to play online on the console 20 years later.

S2k9k
noob

Post#4 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 2:51 pm

dark wrote:Wow that's a great start to a DC collection. Going by ebay prices, there's a few games in there, which by themselves, regularly go for $50 and up.

I'm just getting interested in the Wii U myself, neat underappreciated console.

Yea he gave me a really solid deal and was just happy to have it go to someone who will enjoy it and play it.

Very underappreciated console and not a big library too but sadly most of the games can be played on the nintendo switch too so i dont see it maybe ever having expensive titles

S2k9k
noob

Post#5 » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:07 pm

Anthony817 wrote:Dreamcast is trash! The real gem here is that Double Dare LCD handheld! :roll:

But in all seriousness, great score! Some amazing games and accessories there! Are you into online gaming at all? If so you might want to look into the DreamPi since it is a device that converts your modern broadband connection into signals the dial up modem on the console can understand. Also over 20 online games have been resurrected that were previously dead for over a decade and a half. So there are a ton of fun games to play online on the console 20 years later.

Lol i bought that at my local swapmeet with a few other tiger electronic games.

I never played online when i was younger on this system so ill have to check this out. I would love to experience this console as if it was 99 with online play so i will for sure check this out!

ShadowMask
noob

Post#6 » Wed Feb 17, 2021 12:28 am

My recommendation is to by the RPGs now, they are only going to get more expensive.

jason8802
rebel

Post#7 » Fri Mar 19, 2021 6:31 pm

I've had the exact same goal! I'm up to around 150 are so. Most are complete although I have settled for some loose copies. Patience pays off. Prices have gone up since covid. Good luck and happy hunting.

Ragfish
St.Jimmy

Post#8 » Sat Mar 20, 2021 10:58 am

It's not just video games, prices for pretty much all types of collectables have gone up since covid. I'm a fan of old yugioh cards, and many cards that used to cost under $20 went up to $100+ around March 2020. There are a lot less people selling things (both on ebay and on local sites like craigslist), but demand has still been high.

I'm just waiting it out. I'm not convinced that prices won't go back down once covid ends, so I'm not going to pay scalper prices. There are a lot of fun games that are still cheap too.

pafrj
shadow

Post#9 » Fri Jun 11, 2021 3:29 pm

great collection so far!

Mandos
shadow

Post#10 » Sun Sep 12, 2021 1:44 pm

Looks solid at this point, best of luck. This would have been a herculean task even a few years back, I can only imagine how challenging it'd be in the current market.