Valley Vintage Collectiv/ DC Collectiv - 20th Anniversary Party

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Valley Vintage Collectiv/ DC Collectiv - 20th Anniversary Party

Post#1 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:16 pm

I wanted to post this on the anniversary, but I'm always busy...

This is not my collection, but an organization known as Valley Vintage Collective and/or DC collective (all I know is they both have separate IG accounts) and they had their 4th (I believe) Dreamcast birthday party celebrating the 20th Anniversary at Game Realms in Burbank, CA. The voice of Ryo was there with his family, tournaments for: Power Stone, Soul Caliber, one of the puzzle bobbles, and Project Justice, fun raffles, and of course a packed house of Dreamcast fans.

IMG_20190907_160618451.jpg

Corey Marshall

It was a lot of fun, met a lot of cool Dreamcast fans young and old and got all my Shenmue paraphernalia signed lol.

The attachment IMG_20190907_163634498_HDR.jpg is no longer available

Cool backpack I saw

My friends were taking a lot of pics, so please forgive my frequent face, but I thought the video was a great shot of the party size itself and tons of Dreamcasts and I just wanted to share.

The attachment IMG_20190907_160618451.jpg is no longer available

Never seen a Naomi before

The attachment IMG_20190907_202816915_HDR.jpg is no longer available

Can't wait for next year!

The only thing in my collection worth sharing:
2019-09-10.jpg

Corey Marshall's signature lol
Last edited by ERVOSCV on Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Re: Valley Vintage Collectiv/ DC Collectiv - 20th Anniversary Party

Post#2 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:59 pm

That's really great seeing so many DC's set up and so many people playing them all at once! Looked like a fun get together!

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#3 » Tue Sep 10, 2019 11:50 pm

Anthony817 wrote:That's really great seeing so many DC's set up

Yeah, thats the main reason why I put it here instead of lounge. It really was an impressive collection of hardware. Minimum of 20 Dreamcasts for sure, but I didn't count. Not a single DreamPi in the house though... :shock:

Sega1Dream
Donated

Post#4 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:06 am

I was there too! I was one of the 8 guys wearing the blue Sega shirt they gave out at E3 :lol: . It was a cool event and nice to see the turn out.

I was telling my wife the same thing when we left, that I didn't ask if anyone was on DC-Talk or if they play online. Wish I asked a couple of guys, but oh well.

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#5 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:33 am

Sega1Dream wrote:I was telling my wife the same thing when we left, that I didn't ask if anyone was on DC-Talk or if they play online. Wish I asked a couple of guys, but oh well.

I wish I talked to you! I was hoping some other people from DC-Talk were in attendance. Damn, I was talking to anyone about DreamPi, DC-Talk, and the games available for online right now. I think I was talking with at least 5-7 people in detail but, none had their Dreamcasts online, all were familiar however.

JetGrind2000
noob

Post#6 » Sun Sep 22, 2019 2:27 am

awesome!!

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#7 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 4:25 am

Wow! I had no idea DC-Talk members made it out to the event as well. I'm humbled to have been among DC-Talk family :shock:
I wish I had known :(

ERVOSCV wrote:It really was an impressive collection of hardware. Minimum of 20 Dreamcasts for sure, but I didn't count. Not a single DreamPi in the house though... :shock:

There were at least 26 Dreamcast setups running almost simultaneously throughout the day (that includes the Kiosk in the lobby, but not the Naomi Setup). I know because half of the hardware at the event belong to me while the other half belongs to my associate partner.
To be perfectly honest, i've been wanting to have a DreamPi setup at the event as far back as the 18th Anniversary event 3 years ago. Very much so, tho it has yet to come true because I don't own one, nor do we have the budget to purchase one for the event -_-
Granted, Hardware-wise alot of what was already there for play we already own (Dual Keyboards, Dual Twin Sticks, Link Cable, Fishing Rod etc), but that doesn't take into account additional expenses that continue to pile up with each year as the event grows. More Controllers (30 is still not enough! :( ), more chairs, video cables, console repairs, raffle prizes, Brook converters for tournament setups and the list goes on. Also doesn't help that outside of the venue itself, we didn't get any additional sponsors for any support this year. In all honesty money, or lack of, has really kept us from expanding or getting new ideas off the ground for the event.

I just hope everyone who attended had a good time. All that really matters to me. I have some additional pictures of the event for anyone interested. This year's turnout was rather unprecedented, as it far surpassed our expectations.

Thank you to the member who made this post. Was quite the surprise when I logged in.
Attachments
received_275921259949510.png
20190907_200649.jpg
Screenshot_2019-09-14-12-27-01.png
Resized_20190907_181356.jpg
FB_IMG_1568169570387.jpg
Resized_20190907_190238.jpg
Resized_20190907_172657.jpg
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

ERVOSCV
Anarki

Post#8 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 2:19 pm

CD AGES wrote:There were at least 26 Dreamcast setups running almost simultaneously throughout the day (that includes the Kiosk in the lobby, but not the Naomi Setup). I know because half of the hardware at the event belong to me while the other half belongs to my associate partner.

Thank you so much for setting up such an epic time. I was there for hours and my friends stayed even longer lol.

If you want, I can just bring my DreamPi next year. As far as I understand (which is little, so I could be wrong!), you can only have 1 DreamPi per WAN IP, so you can't have multiple machines running Q3 For example. But maybe you could use a VPN, Wi-Fi, or something for the others? If you're willing, it'd be easy to set one up though, I would reach out later.

It was honestly the coolest Dreamcast event I'd been to since Disney World in like 2000 or something. I went to Florida, and they had an arcade room of only Dreamcast kiosks lol, and I'll never forget it. But your 20th Anniversary Party was way more insane. I'm definitely coming next year!

poopidoop
MegaDeath

Post#9 » Fri Oct 04, 2019 3:26 pm

really fantastic event, thanks for sharing. i only wish i lived anywhere near something this cool lol. great shirt btw.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#10 » Sun Oct 06, 2019 8:25 pm

ERVOSCV wrote:It was honestly the coolest Dreamcast event I'd been to since Disney World in like 2000 or something. I went to Florida, and they had an arcade room of only Dreamcast kiosks lol, and I'll never forget it. But your 20th Anniversary Party was way more insane. I'm definitely coming next year!

Wow! Thats quite the conpliment. Thank you.

And you're welcome. I just love Dreamcast and the community it has earned for itself. I've always wanted to dedicate a day to the platform and it's player base and this is what these these events we run each year attempt to encapsulate as best as possible.

Umm you wouldn't happen to have pictures of that Disney World event would you? o.O
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news