My little GDEMU Dreamcast project is finished.

Post your Dreamcast collections in this section. Wow us with your impressive amount of Sega items ;)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, mazonemayu

js100serch
shadow

My little GDEMU Dreamcast project is finished.

Post#1 » Sun Jul 03, 2022 12:50 pm

I recently had a nostalgia attack and that lead me into a rabbit hole where I discovered the GDEMU and those Chinese Dreamcast transparent shells. So I ended up building this thing.

I decided to buy a second hand console to keep my Black Dreamcast Sports intact, so I can still play with my small collection of Dreamcast discs.

Then I ordered the Blue Shell from AliExpress. This part was a bit scary because I've never bought something from china. Fortunately everything went smoothly and it arrived relatively fast.

Then I figured I could buy a blue dreamcast controller. I went with a standard one instead of the millennium edition to keep things uniform. Besides it was cheaper. The controller was really dirty and had that yellow tint very common on these old consoles, so I had to wash it and apply the good old Hydrogen peroxide method.

I found on youtube that you can adapt a gamecube stick to this controller. It looks really good but it feels a bit rough.

It was very easy to ensemble.

I printed my own decals and the saddest part is that I couldn't get anyone to print the SEGA logo on the front. Apparently is a complex process, and they require 100 pieces at minimum to do the job =(

I'll attach my decal Illustrator project in case you want to print your own decals.

An finally, there we have it, a beautiful Blue Dreamcast for my collection of Blue controllers... and my blue guitar :D

Thank you!.
Attachments
Dreamcast_logo.ai
(633.33 KiB) Downloaded 138 times

Jaime
noob

Re: My little GDEMU Dreamcast project is finished.

Post#2 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:33 pm

Everything looks nice. Where did you order the stickers?

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#3 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 2:54 pm

Wow. that last pic is amazing!

Xiden
Developer

Post#4 » Tue Oct 04, 2022 5:09 pm

Very nice job!

JetsDreamcast
noob

Post#5 » Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:43 am

Beautiful job! How is the quality of the third party shells? I've been interested to do something similar but was worried that the shell wouldn't be up to standard.

Also, for your controller I would highly recommend using PS4 sticks, I feel they're a bit better grip wise!

js100serch
shadow

Post#6 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:48 pm

Jaime wrote:Everything looks nice. Where did you order the stickers?

No, I made the stickers myself. The Illustrator file is attached to this post so you can print them too.

js100serch
shadow

Post#7 » Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:51 pm

JetsDreamcast wrote:Beautiful job! How is the quality of the third party shells? I've been interested to do something similar but was worried that the shell wouldn't be up to standard.

Also, for your controller I would highly recommend using PS4 sticks, I feel they're a bit better grip wise!

Top notch!!, amazing quality, they must have got their hands on original schematics, because those shells are pristine. I recommend them 100%.

The problem with PS4 sticks is that they are black, so they only look good on a black controller. I used those for aesthetics, but thanks for the suggestion, maybe I will do it for my sports controller.

djidane535
noob

Post#8 » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:39 pm

Good job! I am hesitating to mod mine since it is very yellowish. I love the transparent blue shell :).

kasumi
noob

Post#9 » Mon Jul 31, 2023 12:24 am

wow the blue controller shell looks awesome. Good job with clean it.

j.martinez2447
noob

Post#10 » Thu Sep 21, 2023 9:27 pm

Looks great, awesome job!!