[CANCELED] OutbreakX

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

ChristinaDreamcustDC
blackout!

Re: [CANCELED] OutbreakX

Post#161 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 10:59 am

111 wrote:
ChristinaDreamcustDC wrote:How do you get out of the first area? I'm stuck.

there is an invisible "act switch" object in every stage. Should not be hard to find.

OK. I found it. I like the wall textures on the crate level.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#162 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 11:45 am

A lot of people care. A game like this would be a game changer.
Last edited by The-Amazing-Mr_V on Sat Dec 21, 2019 8:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

beanboy
Wazza

Post#163 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 1:48 pm

Nico0020 wrote:Something I've never understood about programmers that I'd like someone to shed light on... Why do so many programmers who quit a certain project decide destroy all files and source code of something they worked on? I've known musicians to do the same. I'm not a "creator" so I've never understood this idea. A half finished idea is never bad thing IMHO.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

True! Same here. I've always wondered the same thing as well.
And the fact that musicians do that too, well, whatever it is that caused them to do that, must really suck. In my case, if I did that, I would feel extra worse.

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#164 » Sat Dec 21, 2019 6:40 pm

I was seriously wondering whatever happened to this! Damn such a shame you didn't want to stick with it to the end. I can understand how hard game development is. I make total conversion mods for Battlefield so I know how daunting things can be having to make everything from scratch. Thanks for making the prototype available!

mstar
Doom

Post#165 » Sun Dec 22, 2019 1:26 am

The-Amazing-Mr_V wrote:A lot of people care. A game like this would be a game changer.

So much this!

Not sure if showing some extra love is going to do anything, but nobody can say we haven't tried :)

So, go for it - i think quite a few people would chip in via Kickstarter / Patreon / ....

Bob Dobbs
Sub Genius

Post#166 » Sat Dec 28, 2019 8:35 pm

It would be nice to have seen this ground breaking game come to life. I would gladly chip in music for this as well.
Regards,
Bob Dobbs

PachiiMochii
noob

Post#167 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:28 pm

Its been a long time since this thread was active, but I figured that it would be fitting to post here.

This project was something that I looked forward to, a long time ago as a teen. Even despite how things have gone, I still think fondly of this project. So with that, I wanted to honour it in my own way. A big thank you to forum dwellers here for this ^_^

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KWkMpkq95JM

Anthony817
Shark Patrol

Post#168 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:19 pm

PachiiMochii wrote:Its been a long time since this thread was active, but I figured that it would be fitting to post here.

This project was something that I looked forward to, a long time ago as a teen. Even despite how things have gone, I still think fondly of this project. So with that, I wanted to honour it in my own way. A big thank you to forum dwellers here for this ^_^

There fixed the link for you. :mrgreen:

PachiiMochii
noob

Post#169 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 8:31 pm

oop, sorry, im dumb haha ^^

WedgeStratos
blackout!

Post#170 » Tue Feb 22, 2022 9:58 pm

Just found the video on Reddit, enjoyed the show. Summarizing the events here is impressive, this completely slipped me by, and it's always a shame to see a homebrew project fall to the wayside. The same thing happened to another game, Summoning Signals, a couple years ago. At least in that case, a demo made its way onto the scene, and the person behind it is still doing fine, despite having left the dev scene.

Seeing the functioning prototype is what makes this all the more disappointing. There was clearly a solid base and a gameplay loop was starting to form for a solid platformer and shooter game. Judging by 111's reactions, it's clear that KOS still had some kinks to work out when he was developing it, and it seems he'd prefer to never touch it again. Given how long ago it was since he worked on the project, and how many more games have released since then using KOS, including fully 3D ones, I'd say it's worth another shot. Maybe this time, being receptive to a crew to help out? Everyone can aspire to be Dean Dodrill, or Toby Fox, or Thomas Happ, but sometimes, it's worth asking for help.

KOS was always a collaborative effort, to ensure that we would never need to use official SDKs to achieve the same level of quality that retail Dreamcast games got, and the games that come out of that should be collaborative as well. If you're reading this, 111, hopefully you'll consider us humble little gamers again. We'd love to see that passion again. Otherwise, hopefully you're doing well in whatever craft you've taken up.

Return to “New Games”