Dead Or Alive 2: Final (RELEASE!)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

MoeFoh
Uber

Re: Dead Or Alive 2: Final (RELEASE!)

Post#221 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:11 am

MrJodyM wrote:Hello. Love the DOA2FINAL. I hope I am posting in correct spot as I am new. On my Android, A message comes up saying "Flash Internet Settings Adjuster". I clicked the box and lost Redream. Had to reload. Retroarch in android simply shows splash screen with Green Ranger logo only. Reicast in Android opens games fully! In computer, redream will not open it. I am most interested in opening on Android Redream as I upgraded to the 4K ability. All my other games work with Redream. Is something missing?

Install the BIOS, following the Android instructions here:
https://redream.io/help
Attachments
boot.bin-redream.zip
Dreamcast BIOS
(1.03 MiB) Downloaded 128 times
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski

Green Ranger
killer

Post#222 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:46 am

MoeFoh wrote:Install boot.bin, the real BIOS. I could get the load to fail with the built-in HLE BIOS. It works with boot.bin installed.
https://redream.io/help

That did it- now both my original modded CDI and the rebuild runs in the PC version of redream. :)

I'll adjust my first post accordingly.

Dirge Of Ram
Graffiti Grind

Post#223 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 2:38 pm

I'm unable to try the Redream emulator out myself but I'll take Mr. Green Ranger word on confirmation. Cheers MoeFoh, now I can finally clear my mind on this "Won't Work On My Redream" case no more!

No Excuses not to play now well apart from the CHD crowd. I've placed the Boot.Bin Zip on the Cursed Danger CDI Archive page with added instructions.

Make A 10 in 1 CDI, I wish I had the mindset to make it myself. Happy for anyone else to do this but I do say please keep the Retail Vanilla away from it! Want people playing the best out the game as possible today! That has been my personal mission this past few years. Nothing more to get Chapter 17 to 21 out there put my Heart & Soul typing this epic Dead or Alive story out. Worth It!

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#224 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:41 pm

On Redream Android it still doesn't work unfortunately.

Edit.: I downloaded the corrected file, it worked perfectly.

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#225 » Thu Jan 19, 2023 11:00 pm

Green Ranger wrote:
SMiTH wrote:
Green Ranger wrote:That will cause the game to crash.

It works. :)

Now that's a pleasant surprise! My concern was for it to run on original hardware- has it been tested on such? :)

MoeFoh wrote:I did a full rebuild of the CDI DOA2 Final from post 1. On Android it's working on REDREAM, FLYCAST STANDALONE and REICAST. On Windows it's working on DEMUL. It is built specially to run on EMULATORS. It will probably work on GDEMU, but has not been tested.

Please give it a test.

Thanks for taking the time to rebuild this MoeFoh. Redream's compatibility list states the Japanese version of DOA2 is playable (which is what my my Mod is based on), so I find it odd that it fails to load in both the PC and Android versions of Redream.

While your rebuild doesn't work for the PC version you did specify that it will for Android, so if anyone can test and confirm this to be working for Android, let me know here so I can update the front page with a link for Android users. :)

I tested it and it worked great on Redream Android!

djidane535
noob

Post#226 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 2:49 am

Looks awesome. I only played DoA 4 on X360, but it seems to be a good way to discover the 2nd episode. Can't wait to try it later today :).

Green Ranger
killer

Post#227 » Fri Jan 20, 2023 12:47 pm

djidane535 wrote:Looks awesome. I only played DoA 4 on X360, but it seems to be a good way to discover the 2nd episode. Can't wait to try it later today :).

Welcome to the forums djidan535. If possible, I'd suggest you first play the original DOA2 Dreamcast game, then my Mod. That way, once you play the Mod you'll be able to easily spot, compare and better appreciate the changes I made to the game.

If just wanna dive into my Mod though, that's fine too! Either way, I hope you enjoy DOA2 FINAL. :D

Ryo_Hazuki
killer

Post#228 » Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:10 am

@Green Ranger - Do you, by any chance, have a cover that identifies your mod?
To use in YouTube video.

Sorry for my bad English. :mrgreen:

Green Ranger
killer

Post#229 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 1:56 am

Ryo_Hazuki wrote:@Green Ranger - Do you, by any chance, have a cover that identifies your mod?
To use in YouTube video.

Sorry for my bad English. :mrgreen:

Your English is great. :)

This link provided a cover for my mod. They used the DOA2 Limited Edition Japanese cover and added the word 'FINAL' to the title. Very fitting since my Mod is based on the LE Version- https://ps2sega.ru/dead-or-alive-2-final-mods/

I've made some adjustments to the image now- adjusted its height, adjusted the brightness & contrast, added drop shadows to title text so it pops out more and included a 'Mod By Green Ranger' text box so it's better identifiable.

Use the image below for your YouTube videos. :)

DOA2 Final.jpg

MoeFoh
Uber

Post#230 » Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:43 pm

Updated emulator CDI with cover art from post #229.

DOA2 FINAL (Green Ranger Mod)(New Cover).7z (246.78MB):
https://www.mediafire.com/file/z52w3flw ... 29.7z/file
Last edited by MoeFoh on Fri Feb 24, 2023 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“The problem with the world is that the intelligent people are full of doubts, while the stupid ones are full of confidence.”
- Charles Bukowski