Dead Or Alive 2: Final (RELEASE!)

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Green Ranger
killer

Re: Dead Or Alive 2: Final (RELEASE!)

Post#21 » Sat Sep 26, 2015 11:24 pm

Indiket wrote:I can only agree with Aleron words :D , if its possible, try to release the patched texture archives and a little tutorial to obtain a final modded version. Plus, a user can really customize their build and decide to add or not a model, etc...

If there's a much greater demand for it I may consider it. Numerous files were heavily edited in the game- to distribute them separately would still be distributing content that was altered from its original files without the *OK* from Tecmo. So if you're worried about piracy, you'd still be downloading files that could fall into that category.

Also, due to numerous files being heavily edited such as the boot files, music, costumes etc, the intent was to release this as a full product so users can get the full experience- not for the user to pick and choose what they want in it. If after downloading the full CDI they don't like certain things about the mod, they can tinker around with it afterwards if they so see fit. :)

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#22 » Tue Sep 29, 2015 11:40 am

Any cover art for this for my cdr box?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#23 » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:26 pm

Jetstor wrote:That's great, Green Ranger! Already downloaded it and looking forward to play.
(also made a post to spread out your work: https://goo.gl/kc0fMr)

Thanks for posting that on your WordPress site, have you downloaded the game yet and if so, how are you liking it? ;)

Wrath of Khan wrote:Any cover art for this for my cdr box?

Ah, you know what? I didn't think to create any cover art for this release. Maybe I will at some point.

luismo
shadow

Post#24 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:10 am

I can not start the game, burned with imgBurn twice.... maybe there is something I does not understand ? Do I need to start another cd first ? My dreamcast is european first version with a chip for playing US/Jap games

DarkSynbios
DC-Talk Addict

Post#25 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:42 am

luismo wrote:I can not start the game, burned with imgBurn twice.... maybe there is something I does not understand ? Do I need to start another cd first ? My dreamcast is european first version with a chip for playing US/Jap games

I have the same problem.. Any solution?

Green Ranger
killer

Post#26 » Sat Oct 31, 2015 12:53 am

I've never tried burning the game with ImgBurn. Try Discjuggler (the free version) and burn it using settings from this tutorial-
http://www.theisozone.com/tutorials/dreamcast/burning-and-backup/burn-dreamcast-games-perfectly-on-discjuggler-every-time/

luismo
shadow

Post#27 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:40 am

Thanks for this tutorial, but I tried with DiscJuggler6, I burned 4 Verbatim 700MB CD-Rs with different modes and nothing works... so what can I do

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#28 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 5:30 am

luismo wrote:Thanks for this tutorial, but I tried with DiscJuggler6, I burned 4 Verbatim 700MB CD-Rs with different modes and nothing works... so what can I do

Here's the tutorial that I used and worked for me ever since: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gg6j3uXK3Qs

EDIT: well, turns out that tutorial is pretty damn basic (now I recall I read more specific instructions on a site I don't remember), so instead here are the settings that works for me: I use DiscJuggler V6.00, after installing it I just enable the Overburn feature in the Options/Defaults (for images that might be slightly bigger), in Options/Pre-mastering/CD Type I select Mode 1 CD-ROM, and burn at 4x speed.

DC-WriteTut1.jpg
DC-WriteTut2.jpg

But there are other reasons why the DC still might not read the burned disc: for example the brand of the CD-R. My Dreamcast just doesn't read Maxell CD-Rs, while TDK CD-Rs it reads no problem (burning the same image with same settings on the same computer and one works, the other doesn't). Or more precisely it reads a certain type (or batch) of TDK CD-Rs no problem (that I bought like a year ago), while it won't read seemingly the same type of TDK CD-Rs I bought reccently.

So finding the brand/type of CDs your Dreamcast reads is a challange all on its own. Maybe your DC just doesn't like Verbatim CD-Rs.

luismo
shadow

Post#29 » Thu Nov 05, 2015 3:27 pm

ok after trying all these ways, i decided to retry my other backup games... I dont understand why, but no one is working anymore, and they worked before, it's very strange. Just the Sylverant loader is working, so I just can play PSOv1 online... :(

Aleron Ives
Outrun

Post#30 » Fri Nov 06, 2015 12:39 am

If discs that used to work don't work anymore, it either means that all of your discs went bad (unlikely) or that the laser in your DC is dying (likely). You'll either need to adjust it to make it stronger or buy a new DC soon.
"Fear the HUnewearl."