Saber Rider: A new Dreamcast game on Kickstarter !

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: Saber Rider: A new Dreamcast game on Kickstarter !

Post#191 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:02 pm

Yeah, that's bullshit. The dev is very active on their Facebook page so hopefully they'll address this. Though it was brought to their attention a long time ago (I think even I left a comment on the Kickstarter when this first came to light) and there has been no response and/or reason for it.

I think unless it's an established DC dev, like Senile Team, I'm done Kickstarter DC games.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#192 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 3:34 pm

Dang, we were about to announce a Kickstarter project xD

Just kidding, but we are slowly getting our engine set up and then on to rendering a game.

Also, intrepid Izzy mods (probably just videos/pictures so as to not fuck with Senile team before they launch).

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#193 » Thu Feb 15, 2018 11:17 pm

I think april is now the release date. The kickstarter comments are growing shall we say increasingly uncivilized... the creator does not want to even touch that... its the fact of the commercial dc release being cheaper than the kickstarter one that has caused such consternation

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#194 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 2:45 am

I think that's just bullshit, Josh Prod releases everything cheaper than its kickstarter (or other) counterpart, maybe that's just because he has his disks pressed in larger quantities...folks seem to forget that those are "regular" editions most of the time. When you support kickstarter, you usually do it, because it's something special involved (be it package, limited stuff included, etc...).
I don't see Prod releasing that Neo XYX box with posters & tshirt, or the Gunlord Dragon Box for €30 either :lol:
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#195 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 9:52 am

mazonemayu wrote:I think that's just bullshit, Josh Prod releases everything cheaper than its kickstarter (or other) counterpart, maybe that's just because he has his disks pressed in larger quantities...folks seem to forget that those are "regular" editions most of the time. When you support kickstarter, you usually do it, because it's something special involved (be it package, limited stuff included, etc...).
I don't see Prod releasing that Neo XYX box with posters & tshirt, or the Gunlord Dragon Box for €30 either :lol:

You might be right. I backed it ages ago at a price I accept. I backed it so a new dc game would succeed and I wanted to play that.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#196 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 10:54 am

mazonemayu wrote:I think that's just bullshit, Josh Prod releases everything cheaper than its kickstarter (or other) counterpart, maybe that's just because he has his disks pressed in larger quantities...folks seem to forget that those are "regular" editions most of the time. When you support kickstarter, you usually do it, because it's something special involved (be it package, limited stuff included, etc...).

It's because the game isn't out yet. If they game were out, and then they were selling it for less because they can now produce a larger number at a lower cost, ok. But because the game isn't out and the Kickstarter copies will be produced with the preorder copies. That stings. And as far as I can tell, between the regular edition and the Ramrod edition, besides slightly different cover art at least for the latter, nothing is specific to the Kickstarter versions. Kickstarter versions and preorder versions are the same. If I'm paying more for the same product before it's out, and other people don't, and it's the devs/publisher's reason why, yeah, I'm mad.

Wrath - did the devs confirm an April release? Also, they should be talking to backers regardless of what the comments on Kickstarter are saying. I'd go as far to say that the comments are getting more toxic BECAUSE the devs aren't talking. Honestly, once I get my game (fingers crossed) I won't be supporting this dev anymore. There are things that separate DC devs like Senile Team and Retro Sumus from the rest, and a big thing is just their communication with backers, the community, etc.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#197 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:00 pm

Yeah, the comments are worsening with no communication on kickstarter from the devs.
The dev saber rider is on twitter with sone updates.

https://www.rushongame.com/actualites/s ... st-110.htm

April it says.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#198 » Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:03 pm

I reckon it will still be a fun little game though...

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#199 » Sat Feb 17, 2018 10:25 am

Oh wow that's from last July. Well, I guess we'll see.

Roel
Developer

Post#200 » Sun Feb 18, 2018 3:17 am

mrneo240 wrote:Also, intrepid Izzy mods (probably just videos/pictures so as to not fuck with Senile team before they launch).

:o I am already amazed. Can't wait to see this.