Alice’s Mom’s Rescue

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Re: Alice’s Mom’s Rescue

Post#11 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:44 am

This is exactly why I put it on facebook when I have a complaint: entrepeneurs usually don't like customer complaints read by the whole world, so they usually sort it out quicker than when you mail privately :p
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Army of Dorkness
shadow

Post#12 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 11:16 am

Just did that as well.

Wombat
Vagabond

Post#13 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 3:46 pm

I already thought something was odd seeing only 4% discount! So it's all around the board :/

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#14 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 6:04 pm

After all the shit I went through with them during Dux 1.5 and Redux, I'm never buying from them ever again :(
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Army of Dorkness
shadow

Post#15 » Wed Jan 07, 2015 10:26 pm

It's a shame that the developer didn't go with someone else to publish it.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#16 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 2:22 am

mazonemayu wrote:try complaining about that on their facebook, the more people notice & complain, the more chance of getting the promised 10%

When I did that regarding Dux/Redux and the whole "oh we got confused and we didn't know the promo (HD) trailers were for the PC version and not for the low-res DC version we sold you guys" thing, they blocked me from their Facebook page. Even knowing that I would write a complete review for our magazine. I tried to reach them from my other FB profile to check out if it was a mistake and they blocked me again.

Army of Dorkness wrote:I went back and forth with him and eventually got the 10% off which I shouldn't have had to do. It wasn't applied to my ghost blade preorder either and anytime I mentioned it he would ignore the email completely.

100% same here.

Army of Dorkness wrote:It's a shame that the developer didn't go with someone else to publish it.

My thoughts exactly.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#17 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:06 am

hombreimaginario wrote:
When I did that regarding Dux/Redux and the whole "oh we got confused and we didn't know the promo (HD) trailers were for the PC version and not for the low-res DC version we sold you guys" thing, they blocked me from their Facebook page. Even knowing that I would write a complete review for our magazine. I tried to reach them from my other FB profile to check out if it was a mistake and they blocked me again.

if it were me, I'd include that in my review ;)
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#18 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:32 am

mazonemayu wrote:if it were me, I'd include that in my review ;)

I did. Not with those precise words, but my review was published in good old paper last year. I recently re-posted it in my blog (it's only in spanish though):
http://hombreimaginario.com/2014/01/ana ... dreamcast/

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#19 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 6:15 pm

To be fair, how many other publishers are there for the DC these days? Redspotgames doesn't seem so active anymore, and many people have complained about issues from them as well. I guess Goatstore might be a possibility, but Hucast, for better or for worse, is the publisher that seems to put the most energy into marketing the products. They seem to have good success actually getting their products out for sale, they generally have good packaging and promotional artwork. It's a lot to ask for a developer to self-publish their game as a physical copy, I think going with Hucast was one of the better options in terms of getting a professional looking copy out there, in quantity, to sell to the remaining DC audience. Plus Hucast is based out of continental Europe, which is at least the same continent/economic zone where the developer is from, I think.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#20 » Thu Jan 08, 2015 7:23 pm

Sorry to say, but I could give two shits if they are the last active publisher of indie games for Dreamcast software if this is how treat their customers. Redux was a disaster and IMO a major disappointment. The 10% was meant as thank you to Kickstarter backers who helped fund their project! and to simply turn around and reduce it to a mere 4% for no reason at all is dishonest.
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Return to “New Games”