SLaVE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

DCGX
Vagabond

Re: SLaVE

Post#231 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:18 pm

Thanks for the update. Still looking forward to this.

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#232 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:58 pm

I would like to ask afew more things:
1 Is there going to be a PC version since i read the game itself is copmlete?
1.1 Will it be included in CD package?
2 Is there going to be a regular 'unlimited copies' edition?
Reason i ask is videos i have seen show SLaVE looks awesome and i think it and its creator deserves more attention than '484 total copies'.

P.S. Thanks for an update.

Goatdan
shadow

Post#233 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 5:18 pm

VasiliyRS wrote:I would like to ask afew more things:

Absolutely! (Also, if I stop replying, someone ping me and I'll show back up. I try to check in every few weeks, but... life... To your questions:

1 Is there going to be a PC version since i read the game itself is copmlete?

There are no plans for a PC version from GOAT Store Publishing. Having said that, the contract that we do with developers make it so that any PC version would not be handled by us (unless that was wanted for some reason, in which case we would consider it, but truthfully... there are a million groups better than us for PC releases), so there may be plans that I am unaware of for a PC version.

1.1 Will it be included in CD package?

The game will look similar to our other Dreamcast titles, you can see pics of them at http://www.goatstorepublishing.com/

2 Is there going to be a regular 'unlimited copies' edition?

Nope - this was actually a developer request that it would be a limited edition one time thing.

We have *not* ruled out doing some sort of sequel that would be unlimited, but I can say that if we do a sequel, it will be completely done and in production before we announce it, and we would have to see how the response is to this release. Not the sales of it - the game has been nearly sold out for a LONG time, and we expect the moment we say it's in production, it'll sell out the rest of the way, but to see if the critical reception of it is strong enough to justify the time and expense of creating a sequel.

Having said *that*, once this engine is done and complete, it is going to allow us to do a LOT of projects very quickly. For people that have read my updates, Jay Townsend's SLaVE itself has been complete for a long, long time, and the tools to create things like it are very solid, so I would expect it could give us a lot of options.

And I suppose that is a silver lining I see to the whole thing. Once it is done, we expect to have a very solid engine for a lot of different things that we hope to do, some of which are known a little, and some which are not revealed yet at all :)

:)

Dan Loosen

BloodBrother
core

Post#234 » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:51 pm

I really appreciate this reply, thanks. Im very excited for this game, and cannot wait for the release.
THE WORLD AS WE KNOW IT IS A LIE.

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Goatdan
shadow

Post#235 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 1:28 am

BloodBrother wrote:I really appreciate this reply, thanks. Im very excited for this game, and cannot wait for the release.

No problem. I wish I could be all places at once and reply to everything that I do at once, but such is doing three hundred things at the same time... But I can't complain, I enjoy it!

For everyone's information, I did write the email, but it will probably be sent tomorrow as the server is busy slowly sending out an MGC email right now. We have to switch it over, and it doesn't look like it's going to finish that task before I go to bed, and it's been running a while...

--
Dan Loosen

BloodBrother
core

Post#236 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 2:19 am

Is this email you mention related to a mailing list for the game? If so may i ask for it?

If you want it, come and take it from me. If you think you can, you still dont know me.

Goatdan
shadow

Post#237 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:49 am

BloodBrother wrote:Is this email you mention related to a mailing list for the game? If so may i ask for it?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, so if this doesn't answer this correctly, please clarify for me and I'll stop back and reply again :)

The mailing list is for people who have pre-ordered the game. Anyone who has pre-ordered is on the list, and we communicate directly with them. The last email from us was sent 6/10/17. The mail server goes slowly based on our provider limits, so this one will probably start now later today.

BloodBrother
core

Post#238 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:07 pm

Goatdan wrote:
BloodBrother wrote:Is this email you mention related to a mailing list for the game? If so may i ask for it?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean, so if this doesn't answer this correctly, please clarify for me and I'll stop back and reply again :)

The mailing list is for people who have pre-ordered the game. Anyone who has pre-ordered is on the list, and we communicate directly with them. The last email from us was sent 6/10/17. The mail server goes slowly based on our provider limits, so this one will probably start now later today.

In that case, would that be an email sent from Goat Store Publishing? Im asking because i have had the game pre ordered, but i cannot find anything related in my inbox.

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#239 » Sat Nov 11, 2017 8:17 pm

GOAT Games via its November 11th e-mail newsletter:
We wanted to send out a quick update on Jay Townsend's SLaVE production. Basically, since the last announcement, we have gotten to the point that we think there is just a single bug holding back production. We were hoping that we could get rid of this last one and then be able to send out an email with a solid production timeline.

As of right now, that bug still exists. If you happen to know anything about GDB debugging, it has to do with an exception fault, contact us, as there is just one the developers are having the toughest time tracking down, and maybe a set of new eyes can fix it and get the game ready to go in a few minutes! One can hope

For those of you that don't know what the above means, basically, there is still a certain set of circumstances that cause the game to crash out. It happens *extremely* rarely, so much so that we have played the final version for stretches without knowing it is there, but often enough that we can't send the game out with it. It sounds like an easy thing that we should just get rid of, and we agree... but sadly, things like this can be super difficult to track down.

In a previous email, we had stated we expected the final bug hunt to take 2-3 months, and then a test period of 2-4 weeks, which is where we're at right now. We're not TOO far off having production start, but we've got to nail this last thing.

We expect the next email you receive from me will be the email telling you that it is complete and in production, and to confirm your addresses. Thank you so much for sticking around as a supporter, and we can't wait to have this in your hands. As always, if you want to cancel for any reason, please contact us back and we will refund your order.

Happy gaming!

Goatdan
shadow

Post#240 » Sun Nov 12, 2017 12:11 am

BloodBrother wrote:In that case, would that be an email sent from Goat Store Publishing? Im asking because i have had the game pre ordered, but i cannot find anything related in my inbox.

The text was posted just above this one, but it's actually still sending. It sends about 25 or so an hour, so.the process has a couple hours left. If you don't get it tomorrow, contact me through our contact form on GOAT Store and we'll figure out why not!

Return to “New Games”