SLaVE

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Re: SLaVE

Post#361 » Fri Feb 28, 2020 12:27 am

I once again forgot about this, as I meant to get a refund at the New Year. I just contacted TheGoatStore and got my refund within 10 minutues. Good on them for honoring it.

I'm done with this "project." This project falls just behind Elysian Shadows, as stuck in dev hell and never seeing the light of day. These are the kind of projects that will kill any faith in the Dreamcast homebrew scene. Taking money, producing nothing for anyone, and eventual radio silence.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#362 » Sat May 23, 2020 1:48 am

Corbyn wrote:
FlorreW wrote:The lack of information from the developers makes me wanna refund . I respekt thst it can taket a looooooooong time but not that they dont tell us whats happening.

Just hang tight. GOAT deserves the support, we do not, and I take full responsibility. I have been polishing the game for release in the next month, can’t say much more.

One year ago... May 2019 it was said that slave would release in June 2019 as it was "super close" to being completed... its now May 2020...

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#363 » Sat May 23, 2020 10:32 am

It's vaporware at this point. Everyone involved with the project seems to have gone quiet.

BlazedRunner
undertow

Post#364 » Sat May 23, 2020 4:17 pm

DCGX wrote:It's vaporware at this point. Everyone involved with the project seems to have gone quiet.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

RIGHT!!! damn man i was looking forward to this one myself for a while seeing as the og post of this thred was aug 2014 on my birthday..insane..and uet a shame too
:geek:

Dreamcast:PAL,Model 1,VGA Box

Twitch.tv/Blaz3dRunner

naiaru
photon blast

Post#365 » Wed May 27, 2020 8:43 am

It’s unfortunate this game won’t come out after all but I have to say the guys at the goat store are really quite good. It must’ve been 6 years or so ago I preordered this and they still processed my refund the other day when I asked without any hassle.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#366 » Wed May 27, 2020 10:01 am

Goat Store is the only bright spot in this mess. I feel bad for them.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#367 » Thu May 28, 2020 3:07 am

Get your refund everyone! It sucks, but we should forget about this game and move on. So many other talented people working on DC games that deserve our attention and money. TheGoatStore needs to just refund everyone at this point and stop taking preorders. It''s not their fault, but it will help everyone move on from this failed project.

OatBob
BFG-10K

Post#368 » Fri Jun 12, 2020 2:03 am

Nz17 wrote:I am not authorized to publicly disclose the information to which I am privy. If that changes, then I will tell everyone. I have requested permission from the party in question. If I don't hear from the party one way or another by June 3rd, 2020, then I will disclose information.

In the meanwhile, I want to give hope to the people awaiting this game. It is the choice of the individual to believe me or not.

Thomas Fuller wrote:It is always darkest just before the Day dawneth.

It's time.
shinjitsunayu.me/ - web content for DC.

Cornerb0y
stalker

Post#369 » Sun Jun 21, 2020 12:11 am

Hope to hear what's going on with this soon. I noticed the page on Facebook no longer exist as well...

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#370 » Tue Jun 23, 2020 9:18 pm

As promised for June 2020:
Nz17 wrote:Hello Dan. This is Nz17. I was wondering if you're going to be having a Black Friday sale over at the GOAT Store that you could tell me about or let me know where to look and when to find out later. I'd really appreciate that. Thank you and have a great month!

Dan wrote:Unfortunately, we are not planning to this year. While we still want to make GOAT Store work as best as possible, we are finding ourselves really short on time between MGC and various other projects (including SLaVE production ;-) ) that keeps stealing it, so while we'd love to really get it moving, we don't want to end up doing so at the expense of everything else.

Nz17 wrote:Wow! Is that production as in only software development, or is it now printing manuals, printing paper case inserts, ordering CD jewel cases, pressing CD-ROM's, and/or shrink-wrapping cases? Might we the public, dare I say it, be able to play the game within the next few months?

Dan wrote:Are you not on the mailing list for the game?

We got what I thought was the final version about maybe six weeks ago now, and then found a single stupid, major bug (like, you would play four levels and the next level would load and you could walk around, but the lights were completely off and it was somehow unbeatable...)

Anyway, I now have what I think is the final version here, so we're focused on finishing that up. If you don't have it in hand before the next MGC, I swear I'm going to lose my mind ;-)

Return to “New Games”