New FPS: Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness Trailer

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Jenkins
MicroMidget

Re: New FPS: Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness Trailer

Post#31 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:17 am

MD5 support on Dreamcast - this sounds so awesome. And it runs stable at 30 FPS? I really can't wait so see or play (and feel) the game!

Thank you for the updates

krssn
Metallic

Post#32 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 11:36 am

Corbyn wrote:Something completely original, dark and depressing (my life in a nutshell), and incredibly relatable (again, my life).

So I guess the main character looking a bit like you isn't a coincidence then... :P

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#33 » Tue Sep 23, 2014 6:52 pm

Cool, looking forward to seeing some more media showing gameplay!

Dreamcastgaga
Roadster

Post#34 » Wed Sep 24, 2014 10:00 pm

Very excited about this, especially about the visuals which look as good as Unreal did.

Is there a scheduled release date yet?

Corbyn
Developer

Post#35 » Sat Sep 27, 2014 3:11 am

Jenkins wrote:MD5 support on Dreamcast - this sounds so awesome. And it runs stable at 30 FPS? I really can't wait so see or play (and feel) the game!

Thank you for the updates

It runs at 30FPS right now but by release date we're going to bump up the framerate to 60. It's on the table and I'm sure it's going to be the last big update to the rendering engine (aside from possibly decals and a camera scripting language, but the latter might not make it in time).

krssn wrote:
Corbyn wrote:Something completely original, dark and depressing (my life in a nutshell), and incredibly relatable (again, my life).

So I guess the main character looking a bit like you isn't a coincidence then... :P

;) I'm flattered! Though she is way better looking than I am and she's a 3D model, and a low-poly one at that!

Dreamcastgaga wrote:Very excited about this, especially about the visuals which look as good as Unreal did.

Is there a scheduled release date yet?

I'm confident we will push the visuals past Unreal by the time we're ready to release the next batch of shots.

The release date I cannot provide, unfortunately. When we announced that we were rebooting it last year it took us another year to start development while we transitioned from Scourge (taking a lot of assets with us). While the media I'm releasing looks a lot like the previous iteration of the project, our next batch will completely blow them out of the water. We're working on some serious game-changing stuff that came with the storyline change and the complete overhaul.

In hindsight I really should have started with a clean codebase as considerable time was taken to remove (and it's still on-going) all of the old assets from its Blood-based counterpart. But I think what happened is that I didn't want to scour thousands of lines of code and cherry pick the parts I wanted to keep.

Hoping that anything we get from SLaVE (which isn't much - I declined all of my own paycut to help Jay get his game published...hoping that was a smart move by me) will help us round Hypertension out.

To be brutally honest...
A lot of our problems are still financially supporting a game on this scale with our own money (GSP can't afford to back us at all). As much as we want a Kickstarter like ES we are very worried about failing and tarnishing our image...it's shitty that first-person shooters are so damn common nowadays. Besides...WM is pretty loaded and connection-heavy...not sure if Hypertension's kickstarter would even make a quarter of what they did on ES. :(

Also, DNF-syndrome jokes get to me.

Corbyn
Developer

Post#36 » Sun Oct 26, 2014 4:12 am

wrathofkhan
fire

Post#37 » Sun Nov 02, 2014 6:50 pm

Looks nice, count me in for a copy!

dark
Shark Patrol

Post#38 » Mon Nov 03, 2014 7:50 pm

Salad fingers!

Corbyn
Developer

Post#39 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:37 pm

Yes, the very same Salad Fingers. David Firth is doing a bit of designing for Hypertension for his character to fit in to the universe in its own way, and also doing the original voice acting. He's a great guy that's for sure!

Made front page of Sega Nerds and Dreamcast-Scene:
http://www.seganerds.com/2014/11/09/sle ... ertension/

Check it out guys!

krssn
Metallic

Post#40 » Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:58 pm

Was that a sample from A Split Second's Flesh I heard in there, or am I imagining things?... :P