New FPS: Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness Trailer

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Vampyre Mike
Roadster

Re: NEW FPS EXCLUSIVE TO DREAMCAST!!!

Post#11 » Wed May 21, 2014 12:16 pm

mazonemayu wrote:
krssn wrote:Would link play on two consoles be possible as a split-screen alternative?...

4p splitscreen :mrgreen:

I sure as hell don't have four friends! Can I come over your house to play? :mrgreen: lol

ae.tc
Anarki

Post#12 » Wed May 21, 2014 6:57 pm

krssn wrote:Would link play on two consoles be possible as a split-screen alternative?...

most important feature ^
• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••

Corbyn
Developer

Post#13 » Sun May 25, 2014 5:36 pm

Vampyre Mike wrote:
Corbyn wrote:
Bob Dobbs wrote:I'll be watching for this one...online play!

Unfortunately it's local only. Even the parent engine I maintain has no form of working TCP/IP, so it'll be offline only. Sorry :/

It looks very inspired by Blood, I assume that was intentional? Looks great =)

Thanks!

The Blood thing was no incident - this was originally a remake project. Atari got involved and negotiations quickly broke down between them and our publisher. After a few years of development hell, we finally got the all-clear to continue and package/sell it. Now we're just removing all assets the game relied on in the past (textures are the most glaring issue at the moment).

Therefore, you will notice a lot of stuff inspired by Blood simply because that's how I programmed it 4+ years ago - it's easy to replace said graphical asset with a much higher quality (and more original) 3D model rather than rewrite over 10,000 lines of code. Of course, now that we're actually working on it again lots of stuff is being replaced with original ideas ;)

Anyways, thanks for the kind comments!

Also...4 player splitscreen isn't supported at the moment. It took a long time programming two player support, then going back through the maps and adding scripting support for two players. Wasn't something done over night, unfortunately. Not only that, but the entire story was rewritten to support another possible person (story is slightly different in Coop mode).

Not sure about link-play, I'll have to ask the other coder.

OGDCFAN99
Arabian Night

Post#14 » Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:01 pm

Wow, this is so awesome to see an indie game for the DC that isn't just another top down 2D shmup.

Keep up the good work, im really greatful that there are capable developers like you who love the DC as much as us.

WildCard
Beats of Rage

Post#15 » Wed Jun 04, 2014 11:11 pm

shut up and take my money.

Corbyn
Developer

Post#16 » Sun Jun 15, 2014 3:52 pm

WildCard wrote:shut up and take my money.

;) Can't take your money quite yet.

I can promise you guys...the wait will be absolutely worth it. I have a real capable, down-to-earth team that wants this game to be more than just another Dreamcast release. We're really trying to make it as memorable and deep as we possibly can at the time. Things like bullet puffs, blood spray, explosion effects, decals...they are all being reworked to be more dynamic and realistic. Things like weapon usage, enemy AI, and scripts are being improved and bulked up. 3D models are being fine-tuned and will replace every single 2D sprite in the game, and then some. Enemy count is going from 10 to 30 with dynamic placement based on enemy class. Storyline is actually getting pre-rendered with cinematics and in-engine SPLINE cameras. Game engine is getting a heavy upgrade for 60 FPS gameplay, true inventory, and more realistic model rendering.

By the time we're ready to show something off again, you guys should be pleasantly floored at what's going into the game right now. It will look and feel different while retaining the awesome gameplay the current public version has right now.

Here's screenshots showing some of the improved explosion effects, for instance:

krssn
Metallic

Re: New FPS: Hypertension: Harmony of Darkness Trailer

Post#17 » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:15 am

Impressive... ^^

WildCard
Beats of Rage

Post#18 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 4:18 pm

yes.. nice work. cant wait to see more.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#19 » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:20 pm

I'm really looking forward to this!

Maxx Sand
shadow

Post#20 » Wed Jun 18, 2014 12:17 pm

I have been looking forward to this game for a while. Saw the new trailer last month, and have been anticipating it since.
The Notorious Maxx Sand