Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Moderator: VasiliyRS

User avatar
DCGX
DC-Talk Addict
Posts: 506

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#21 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:38 am

naiaru wrote:So you only get these emails if you preordered through their site instead of Kickstarter?


It seems that way, because I also backed the Kickstarter and don't get updates much through that.

User avatar
naiaru
photon blast
Posts: 106

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#22 » Fri Dec 12, 2014 4:26 pm

I read the last email on that site and they said "As a patch on the wounds, we will supply you with additional Pier Solar goodies. We hope you enjoy it, and the game too! We have also preparing a extra surprise for XMAS." Something tells me that's exclusive to the people who preordered on the site after the Kickstarter too. I wonder if they'll get the game first as well (whenever that is).

User avatar
DCGX
DC-Talk Addict
Posts: 506

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#23 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 4:49 pm

Watermelon sent out a Kickstarter update yesterday with pic of the game and cases being made at the manufacturing plant. They also said they added a New Game+ Mode, an option to determine how frequent random battles occur, and an option to adjust the sound/music for video recording purposes. They said these additions would come to digital versions of the game as well, but only after the DC and physical PC release are out, so DC owners will have them first essentially.

User avatar
naiaru
photon blast
Posts: 106

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#24 » Wed Dec 17, 2014 7:33 pm

Yeah I was reading the update and I don't really like the encounter slider. I feel like I'd want to slide it all the way down to get through the game quicker, but then if I left it up to get a "fuller" experience or w/e I'd feel like I'm just wasting my time. It'd be like if you could set the number of spikes in a Sonic game.

User avatar
ae.tc
Anarki
Posts: 95
Contact:

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#25 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 12:25 am

naiaru wrote:Yeah I was reading the update and I don't really like the encounter slider. ...


hopefully this is reserved for use only after the first completion -
• Sega Mega-Tech • SNK MVS • Sega Naomi 2 • Kaneko AX • Taito F3 ••

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 321
Contact:

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#26 » Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:38 am

Besides, you can always choose NOT to use it. It's not like having an extra option available makes you automatically activate it against your will...

User avatar
BnGamesReviews
blackout!
Posts: 141
Contact:

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#27 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 2:19 pm

Anyone know what these "Goodies" are supposed to be? My account says its being shipped 2/10/2015, but I don't trust thats a correct date.

User avatar
naiaru
photon blast
Posts: 106

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#28 » Mon Jan 12, 2015 4:53 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:Besides, you can always choose NOT to use it. It's not like having an extra option available makes you automatically activate it against your will...

Not using it wouldn't be any different then when people say try to beat Final Fantasy with only a white mage or play Zelda with no sword. You'd just be making it arbitrarily harder on yourself by choosing to forgo some feature of the game. Using the slider is going to be the default way to play the game. More people would get the Varia suit in Metroid rather than choose to skip it just to make it harder/save time.

User avatar
hombreimaginario
Developer
Posts: 321
Contact:

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#29 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:28 am

naiaru wrote:
hombreimaginario wrote:Besides, you can always choose NOT to use it. It's not like having an extra option available makes you automatically activate it against your will...

Not using it wouldn't be any different then when people say try to beat Final Fantasy with only a white mage or play Zelda with no sword. You'd just be making it arbitrarily harder on yourself by choosing to forgo some feature of the game. Using the slider is going to be the default way to play the game. More people would get the Varia suit in Metroid rather than choose to skip it just to make it harder/save time.


Uh... No. Beating FF or Zelda with a voluntarily chosen extra handicap is up to you. Playing Pier Solar in its original difficulty is just the normal, default thing to do. If you can't stand the encounter rate (which I personally found quite average when I finished the game 3 years ago on the Mega Drive) you can always make it easier for you with the slider. Just as you were able to choose infinite shurikens for Shinobi or hyper-strong stamina for Spiderman.

User avatar
naiaru
photon blast
Posts: 106

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#30 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:20 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:
naiaru wrote:
hombreimaginario wrote:Besides, you can always choose NOT to use it. It's not like having an extra option available makes you automatically activate it against your will...

Not using it wouldn't be any different then when people say try to beat Final Fantasy with only a white mage or play Zelda with no sword. You'd just be making it arbitrarily harder on yourself by choosing to forgo some feature of the game. Using the slider is going to be the default way to play the game. More people would get the Varia suit in Metroid rather than choose to skip it just to make it harder/save time.


Uh... No. Beating FF or Zelda with a voluntarily chosen extra handicap is up to you. Playing Pier Solar in its original difficulty is just the normal, default thing to do. If you can't stand the encounter rate (which I personally found quite average when I finished the game 3 years ago on the Mega Drive) you can always make it easier for you with the slider. Just as you were able to choose infinite shurikens for Shinobi or hyper-strong stamina for Spiderman.

Not using the encounter slider is also up to you and would also just be handicapping yourself. Infinite shurikens was a cheat, there wasn't an "unlimited shurikens" line with a checkbox. If you need to do some sort of button combo to get it or beat the game or something to unlock the encounter slider, that would be one thing, but if it's just an option in the menu, then it would be no different than any other option. Choosing to not use the encounter slider if it's immediately available wouldn't be any different than choosing to not use "items." It would be like if they had a "fully heal everyone for free at any time" option, if someone needs it, are they really likely to say "No, I mustn't. I have to do it the hard way"? The obvious path of least resistance is going to be the standard way the game will be played.

In fairness, it could be entirely different once we actually get it.

  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post

Return to “New Games”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users