Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

hombreimaginario
Developer

Re: Pier Solar HD for Dreamcast

Post#31 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:53 pm

Not using the slider is playing the game in normal difficulty. Using it is playing it in easy. It's up to you. You understoon what I meant.

naiaru
photon blast

Post#32 » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:23 pm

hombreimaginario wrote:Not using the slider is playing the game in normal difficulty. Using it is playing it in easy. It's up to you. You understoon what I meant.

You can't normally change difficulty mid-game.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#33 » Wed Jan 14, 2015 2:33 am

BnGamesReviews
blackout!

Post#34 » Sat Feb 07, 2015 7:48 pm

Anyone else getting fed up with waiting with no updates? Im starting to feel like there are taking the money and running at this point. This is what my order looks like:

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#35 » Sun Feb 08, 2015 6:17 am

Welcome to the indie scene.
Rule number 1: when it is finished, it is finished
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Omnibot2000
MegaDeath

Post#36 » Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:00 pm

Tulio posted this in the MGF-forums some hours ago:
Also, PSHD for Dreamcast and PC is being finalized (finally we're getting 100% bug free playthroughs) and we'll probably release the Gold Master in a couple of weeks (since we're also affected by the Chinese holidays above we take every second we have for additional polishing).

MikeStutzzzz
Outrun

Post#37 » Wed Feb 11, 2015 12:27 am

Got an email about it today.
Meh Stuff http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=18650#p18650
Before you download meh mirrors read this
http://dreamcast-talk.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2353&p=22482#p22482

naiaru
photon blast

Post#38 » Thu Mar 19, 2015 11:08 pm

So Watermelon put up a new video on their Kickstarter page. I was worried about the whole thing about being able to change the encounter rate on the fly, and it turns out it's exactly what I was worried about. You just open up the menu at any time and set it some multiple or fraction of the regular rate. It almost feels like it's in debug mode or something, especially with some of the other things like changing enemy animation speeds and stuff. It's cool that the packaging apparently actually says "Dreamcast" on it though.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#39 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 2:20 am

naiaru wrote:So Watermelon put up a new video on their Kickstarter page. I was worried about the whole thing about being able to change the encounter rate on the fly, and it turns out it's exactly what I was worried about. You just open up the menu at any time and set it some multiple or fraction of the regular rate. It almost feels like it's in debug mode or something, especially with some of the other things like changing enemy animation speeds and stuff. It's cool that the packaging apparently actually says "Dreamcast" on it though.

I will never understand why is it a problem that you are given the option/opportunity to set things to the way you would like...It's not like they are forcing you to use it.

I much prefer when developers let me set up game options to how I would like them to be, than just hard code everything the way they think it's best. This way they can please a lot more players.

No offense but then why aren't you complaining they are releasing it on other platforms besides Dreamcast? Something like "Oh I wanted it on Dreamcast but they are now releasing it on other platforms as well, this ruins the whole game for me." Seems like it would be the same type of dilemma for me.

You have options to choose from, go with the one you want...simple as that.

If you feel like you just have to go with the easiest setting when you are given the chance to choose from, well I think the problem is with you then, sorry.

hombreimaginario
Developer

Post#40 » Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:06 am

"What I was worried about"... So, what's stopping you from just ignoring that feature and play the game as it was always intended to be played? No one is making you use that option if you don't like it. ADDITIONAL options/features are never a bad thing.

A fragment of the KS video (shared by french blog Dreamcast News): http://youtu.be/oAsnQWoq0So