Elysian Shadows

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: Elysian Shadows

Post#221 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 6:46 am

My take on this project is that Falco wanted to make a super fancy multiplatform engine and toolkit, not really a game. The game is pretty much just 2nd priority, a means to showcase his tech. The fact that he is still showing how he's messing around with lights and render effects seems to suggest that anyway. He still hasn't finalized the engine yet, meaning that the game is even further away from release. Judging from what he's been showing, the end seems just as far away as it was during the Kickstarter.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#222 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:47 am

Tarnish wrote:My take on this project is that Falco wanted to make a super fancy multiplatform engine and toolkit, not really a game. The game is pretty much just 2nd priority, a means to showcase his tech. The fact that he is still showing how he's messing around with lights and render effects seems to suggest that anyway. He still hasn't finalized the engine yet, meaning that the game is even further away from release. Judging from what he's been showing, the end seems just as far away as it was during the Kickstarter.

I completely agree. There's giving devs, specifically indie devs, some time and leeway, and then there's whatever the hell Falco has been doing. I also can't help shake the feeling us backers helped pay for his college degree and even wedding to a lesser extent. He's posted more about those two things than 'Elysian Shadows.' I'd ask for my money back, if I thought I'd get it.

mrneo240
Rank 9

Post#223 » Tue Apr 24, 2018 7:42 pm

The whole thing is a joke at this point and should just be written off and ignored.

mazonemayu
Agent Provocateur

Post#224 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 2:47 am

well, they do post updates on a regular basis on their facebook page https://www.facebook.com/elysianshadows/
We are SEGA generation.

Subscribe:

https://youtube.com/user/mazonemayu <———gameplay vids be here

Visit:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/150479343@N06/albums <—-collection piccies here

Nz17
St.Jimmy

Post#225 » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:28 pm

I see he is as rude and crude as ever just looking at his Elysian Shadows Facebook page's posts for this month alone.

He's even disrespecting Square Enix's Octopath Traveler. And for what of all things? The story? The characters? The gameplay? The characters' art design? No, no, it's about its dynamic lighting and light bloom. He's basically going, "*Swear*, you use too much *curse* light bloom and dynamic lighting, you *swear* Octopath devs. Besides, ours is better than your *curse* anyway."

Hey, at least Square Enix can deliver more than 0 games in 15 years.

Perhaps instead of a college degree, it would have served the world better if he had used that money on a finishing school - they might have taught him some manners. Best case scenario: He learned some class. Worst case scenario: At least the money would have been wasted on something better than hooch and tabac.

Qué será, será. At least Connor Linning is a classy guy.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#226 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:09 am

Yeah I think you hit the nail on the head. At his core it just doesn't seem like Falco is that nice a person, and he immediately gets on the defensive if people just ask about the game.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#227 » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:29 am

I would also add that while they used the Dreamcast as the main platform for most of their promotion campaign, from what I remember, they never really showed convincingly, without a doubt that it actually runs on it, in its current state. I think they showed a short clip of it running on the DC like 6-7 years ago if not more, but that was without any kind of shadows, lightning or particle effects. Just a barebone, 16-bit looking game. Then it was just vague, unrelated things like a VMU emulator, connecting VMUs over the network, VMU images, a particle engine he wrote a decade ago that he said was a miracle it ran just by itself on the DC..For all we know the DC version might not have ever existed.

Other indie devs like Senile Team and Retro Sumus who release demos are a lot easier to trust IMO that they are not just taking DC fans for a ride.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#228 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 2:49 am

Something else to keep in mind about this whole thing,

The team, or whats left of them (last I remember it was Falco and another musician,) has stated that the money is gone. So even if they do finish a game, you're not getting the physical item that you backed. No funds means no pressed discs, no cd cases with art and manuals, and no limited edition box sets / books or consoles for those who shelled out for that. The best you could hope for is a .GDI/.CDI released one day.

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#229 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 3:46 am

Nico0020 wrote:Something else to keep in mind about this whole thing,

The team, or whats left of them (last I remember it was Falco and another musician,) has stated that the money is gone. So even if they do finish a game, you're not getting the physical item that you backed. No funds means no pressed discs, no cd cases with art and manuals, and no limited edition box sets / books or consoles for those who shelled out for that. The best you could hope for is a .GDI/.CDI released one day.

Unless their publisher Watermelon decides to fund the production. But since that deal was made back when Tulio was still the boss, I wouldn't be surprised if Fonzie (the current boss) would just say "deal's off" and ditch the ES project altogether. Not to mention Watermelon has its own fiasco at the moment with Paprium (formerly Project Y).

-drez01-
Tank Jr.

Post#230 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:29 am

The money is gone?! WtF...

Return to “New Games”