Elysian Shadows

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Re: Elysian Shadows

Post#231 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:53 am

-drez01- wrote:The money is gone?! WtF...

Quite fitting for someone who called himself an "indie dev rockstar", isn't it?

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#232 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:10 am

Fuck it. I'm going to post on their Facebook page later asking for a refund. I won't get it, and Falco will rant, but fuck him.

Roareye
Rank 9

Post#233 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:17 am

Sounds like Falco has an entitlement complex, if he genuinely feels this is acceptable. Pissing the money up the wall and then moving onto the next project without compensating the backers is an awful thing to do. He may feel his games are superior to Square Enix, but at least you get the game when you pay for it XD

I have no dog in this fight, but do let us know how it goes DCGX. Considering the DC version was a core sales point of the Kickstarter, you're quite right to feel ripped off.

HuntrRose
Vagabond

Post#234 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:31 am

welcome to kickstarter..

Tarnish
Prince of Persia

Post#235 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 11:39 am

HuntrRose wrote:welcome to kickstarter..

To be fair, it's not Kickstarter's fault a lot of hacks use their platform.

Wrath of Khan
Sega RPG

Post#236 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:10 pm

Elysian shadows is not sounding great right now... long time in development. If there is no money for pressing discs thats a disaster but who knows maybe it will release one day.... I did not back this one but intended to buy it on release. Ah well.

Nico0020
Sunday Shootout

Post#237 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 1:02 pm

Roareye wrote:Sounds like Falco has an entitlement complex, if he genuinely feels this is acceptable. Pissing the money up the wall and then moving onto the next project without compensating the backers is an awful thing to do. He may feel his games are superior to Square Enix, but at least you get the game when you pay for it XD

I have no dog in this fight, but do let us know how it goes DCGX. Considering the DC version was a core sales point of the Kickstarter, you're quite right to feel ripped off.

He has a lot of qualities of a typical narcissist. Everyone is shit except him, and he always will claim "I'm sorry, I have no excuse BUT...(insert rant here)"

I do believe he wants to make a game, but from the looks of it he drove everyone away by being so toxic. I may be totally wrong , that's just what it seems. It's always drama.

On DCemulation he has claimed that a large majority just backed to get access to the toolkit, which is nonsense. People backed to get a game, specifically a Dreamcast game.

The-Amazing-Mr_V
Metallic

Post#238 » Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:25 pm

Tarnish wrote:
HuntrRose wrote:welcome to kickstarter..

To be fair, it's not Kickstarter's fault a lot of hacks use their platform.

I think the point is the risk is there when ever you back anything on kickstarter that you may not get anything. I backs a snes game and waited 3 years for it. But it showed up and I love playing it.

Personally I really want a physical copy of the game also. I missed the kickstarter and was cautious about the preorders for this as there are rarely promising updates.

DCGX
Vagabond

Post#239 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:45 am

Nico0020 wrote:
Roareye wrote:Sounds like Falco has an entitlement complex, if he genuinely feels this is acceptable. Pissing the money up the wall and then moving onto the next project without compensating the backers is an awful thing to do. He may feel his games are superior to Square Enix, but at least you get the game when you pay for it XD

He has a lot of qualities of a typical narcissist. Everyone is shit except him, and he always will claim "I'm sorry, I have no excuse BUT...(insert rant here)"

I do believe he wants to make a game, but from the looks of it he drove everyone away by being so toxic. I may be totally wrong , that's just what it seems. It's always drama.

On DCemulation he has claimed that a large majority just backed to get access to the toolkit, which is nonsense. People backed to get a game, specifically a Dreamcast game.

That's doubly ridiculous on Falco's part, since, if memory serves, they announced the release of the tool kit like a year and half after the Kickstarter ended.

I left an extremely passive aggressive comment on the Facebook page asking how to go about getting my money back (I figured I'd try speaking Falco's language), so we'll see what happens. I predict what I predicted in my comment: just a rude response.

moi
blackout!

Post#240 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:12 pm

I remember back in the day when Falco posted his first vids on the development of the game some guy commented something in the vain of "What? Who's that crazy guy? I refuse to ever play this crap even in an unlike case where this becomes a launch title for the Dreamcast 2".

I guess that guy was some kind of Nostradamus. Even DC2 is more likely to happen than Falco's game nwadays...

Return to “New Games”