New games: Redux: Dark Matters and DUX 1.5

Moderators: pcwzrd13, deluxux, VasiliyRS

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Re: New games: Redux: Dark Matters and DUX 1.5

Post#31 » Mon May 14, 2012 5:54 am

It's all silence over at Yuan Works -_- I guess they cleaned out their digital desks after Wind & Water didn't do amazingly :(

I'm trying to befriend the developer of Alice Dreams on Facebook to ask him about that and Dynamite Dreams also. I must admit there seems to be a shift away from 2D shooters recently even Sturmwind has gone against the grain being, less bullet hell and more 2D/3D hybrid action shooter.

I'll happily pay for anything made for the system so i can gloat to my friends that a machine I bought over a decade ago - still receives releases! I'd like to see SuperFighterTeam port one of their games to the Dreamcast, maybe a compilation of their 3 Megadrive RPG games or their beat em up Super Fighter, the machine could do with a commercial independent fighting game.
https://youtu.be/XcyBq8vZ3Yg <----- Dreamcast gameplay videos

VasiliyRS
Uber

Post#32 » Mon May 14, 2012 10:28 am

The goal has been successfully reached for less than a week! Total preorders value is over $25.000 now. People have shown awesome support for campain. I think developers must be happy that everything is going very well. I also hope this result will bring us more games for Dreamcast in future! Other developers and publishers just have to pay their attettion at the result of this great action!

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#33 » Tue May 15, 2012 6:39 pm

Looks like they have raised the bar to $40k & $60k, both benchmarks will allow more features to be added into the game, I can't help but feel these copies sold should be individually numbered maybe? and that the ones the pledged the $1,000+ should get numbers 1-3.

What are your views on the packaging thus far guys?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/redux/redux-dark-matters-a-shmup-for-sega-dreamcast/comments

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#34 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:00 pm

These new stretch goals to earn more money in return for extra features is rubbing me the wrong way. This isn't by any stretch of the imagination a new game, but rather an update to the orginal product conceived in 09. I feel I paid enough for my copy of the game. Their goal amount seems a bit too much just for an extra ship and an extra level :?
It's STILL Thinking Dreamcast Channel

The ReviveDC Project blog; reviews for our releases and news

Dreamcastnews
blackout!

Post#35 » Tue May 15, 2012 7:28 pm

Hmmm yes indeed, but in reality; all they have to do is sell the remaining copies and that equates to the 60k target.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#36 » Tue May 15, 2012 8:32 pm

Yeah, but think about what the opposite says of such proposal! If we don't sell X amount of units (which may sum up their entire stock of Dreamcast bundles) then we will ship you an incomplete game along with a fix for a game that should've have been a priority long ago. They reached their 25K goal rather swiftly and now they start bringing up these other fuck'n proposals that should have been stated right from the start of this kickstarter project. They are essentially placing way too much of this games fate on the shoulders of the DC community if you ask me.

Neohound
Gold Lion

New games: Redux: Dark Matters and DUX 1.5

Post#37 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:01 pm

OK, so I coughed up the 100 dollars, I'm wanting to give support to the 'cause'. But I think if I allowed myself to really question the way in which this whole thing is being conducted, I would be a little angry. In other words, methinks they are taking the piss somewhat.

CD AGES
Shark Patrol

Post#38 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:21 pm

Well I'm glad I ain't the only one who's a turned off by this sudden turn of events. Its like I played my part in helping out a good cause. I put down $100 money I can't afford to spend cuz I'm ass broke. And just NOW you are telling me that I stand in getting a half assed game IF you don't sell 60K worth of shit for a game that is set to release dead last on the very console that is putting money in pockets to further fund your other ports of the game an thus make you more money!!!!???? FUCK YOU!!!

elmagicochrisg
Metallic

Post#39 » Tue May 15, 2012 9:38 pm

Well CD AGES, I was gonna PM you my take on all this. But now that I finished it I don't see why I shouldn't just post it in the forums. So here goes...

My take on all this you say?... :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm trying to stay out of this one, because there's absolutely nothing positive I can say about René Hellwig. The guy plays with other people's money, takes ages to finish the game, delivers a broken product barely worth any money even if it wasn't broken, and that after delaying the game for more than a year. Let's face it, even R-Type on SNES was more fun than this. I don't even wanna compare it to other shooters on Dreamcast...

Now, there is more. Normally I never do this, but for once I thought, instead of being the idiot buying stuff overpriced all the time, let's make an investment. So I bought the last 20 copies of the limited edition when it was still in development. Boy did I regret that investment. After all this time I have only sold 4 of them barely making break even on all 4 of them. If that doesn't say anything about the quality of the game, then I don't know what does. On top of that most people that contacted me said I just wanted to get rid of them because they are broken, and they were going to wait for the fixed version. Fùùùck me!...

Meanwhile Hellwig calmly walked away with the money. Yeah, he said he was going to fix the bugs in the shmups forum... once he had the money for it. Wait, what?... You sold all 500 LEs and a shitload of regular editions, and you say you will fix the bugs once you have the money for it!?... I didn't buy it for one second (no pun intended). I know a thing or 2 about human nature, and seeing how he had handled things before, I knew he wasn't going to correct his mistakes. So I openly attacked him in the shmups forum. Fatal mistake. First some members thought my boldness was funny, but then a few began to critisize what and how I said it. Before I knew it, I had the whole community against me. And I do mean the whole community. I was the Devil. Buying games to make profit. Keeping some games sealed (I said I kept one copy sealed and one open for myself). Basically, they all rooted for King Hellwig, and I was the bastard...

Well looky now, more than 2 years later. Still no fix, just the promise to fix it eventually. And, as I suspected, if he ever was going to fix it, he would wait so long he could make fresh money on it. Pull a Pink bullets so to speak. And hey, that's what he did. So basically, the only reason he would fix it now is because it gives him the opportunity to make more money, not because he owed it to all the people that backed him up long before the game was even finished. Me included...

Normally I just wouldn't like the guy. He's a dick, anyway you look at it. But seeing on how much money I invested in this project, I hate the guy with a passion...
Come, bow before your King!... Bow ya shits!...

Dreamcast DUX Limited Edition for sale (new and sealed)

Alec1382
Vagabond

Post#40 » Wed May 16, 2012 12:18 am

elmagicochrisg wrote:So basically, the only reason he would fix it now is because it gives him the opportunity to make more money, not because he owed it to all the people that backed him up long before the game was even finished.

If what you say is true, then he's definitely a douche. Still though, it's really no skin off my back, since this is my first homebrew purchase. NG:DEV is just responsible for too much of the Dreamcast new releases to be ignored.

Even then, maybe I should have waited for Sturmwind. ;)